Access Denied

cohbraz
cohbraz
edited July 2013 in Safebox

I thought this was just a Windows 8 issue, but it appears to be a Safebox issue: If you have 2 computers (Computer A and Computer B ) with Total Security 2014 or 2013 and Safebox activated, the folders can't be accessed. If Computer A has a folder synced to Safebox and Computer B also syncs to that folder, (like the SafeBox Folder), you will get an Access Denied error.

Comments

• It seems that some hardware information is also matched during the synchronizing process.

• It seems that some hardware information is also matched during the synchronizing process.

It is acting as if it is a folder/file permission issue. If I change the file to have the owner and "everyone", then I can open it. However, it would be cumbersome to have to do this for every file I want synced on Safebox.

• It is acting as if it is a folder/file permission issue. If I change the file to have the owner and "everyone", then I can open it. However, it would be cumbersome to have to do this for every file I want synced on Safebox.

No help from Bitdefender support? I am shocked.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to this matter.

We will run a few tests on Safebox and we will get back to you in about 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience.

• Hello,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to this matter.

We will run a few tests on Safebox and we will get back to you in about 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you! Let me know what you find.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for your patience, cohbraz.

You should be able to access the Safebox foldes on both PC's.

Because there is obviously an issue here, we will need support tool logs, collected from both computers.

1. Save this tool on each PC, then right click on the downloaded file and from the menu choose 'Run as Administrator':

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...efender_SPT.exe

2. Follow the on-screen steps. When the progress bar gets to the end click "Finish". A new archive will appear on your desktop. The name starts with "BDSP_....".

3. You may not be able to upload the archives here as it's too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com or any other file hosting site and post the download link.

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.

• Thank you for your patience, cohbraz.

You should be able to access the Safebox foldes on both PC's.

Because there is obviously an issue here, we will need support tool logs, collected from both computers.

1. Save this tool on each PC, then right click on the downloaded file and from the menu choose 'Run as Administrator':

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...efender_SPT.exe

2. Follow the on-screen steps. When the progress bar gets to the end click "Finish". A new archive will appear on your desktop. The name starts with "BDSP_....".

3. You may not be able to upload the archives here as it's too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com or any other file hosting site and post the download link.

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.

I sent in the log using the integrated tool from Total Security.

Thanks!

• I sent in the log using the integrated tool from Total Security.

Thanks!

Any update on the logs I sent in?

• In that case, it should have generated a ticket ID number. Please post it back to retrieve the logs and submit them to our testing team.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• In that case, it should have generated a ticket ID number. Please post it back to retrieve the logs and submit them to our testing team.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The logs have already been sent in early last week, and I do not know where that log ID was saved. Can the logs be looked up by my email?

• Has there been any resolution to this yet?

I have to run the file "Take Ownership" to each folder that I want to sync and access so that I will be able to use the files. This is very frustrating and seems that it could be repaired with a few simple coding changes with file permissions in Safebox.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue internally and we need Safebox logs from both PC's.

To further investigate it, please post here 2 support tool logs gathered while you managed to replicate this issue on each PC.

Note: you must reproduce the scenario on each PC (pc1-upload file; pc2 download file)

The support tool executable "supporttool.exe" is found in this location:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

Run "supporttool.exe" (right click on "supporttool.exe" and choose "Run as Administrator").

Fill in the required fields, check the box "Try to reproduce the issue before submitting" (now take all the actions to replicate the encountered issue).

When the progress bar gets to the end click "Finish". A new archive will appear on your desktop. The name starts with "BDSP_....".

You may not be able to upload the archives here as it's too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com or any other file hosting site and post the download link.

We are waiting for your answer. Thank you!

• Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue internally and we need Safebox logs from both PC's.

To further investigate it, please post here 2 support tool logs gathered while you managed to replicate this issue on each PC.

Note: you must reproduce the scenario on each PC (pc1-upload file; pc2 download file)

The support tool executable "supporttool.exe" is found in this location:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

Run "supporttool.exe" (right click on "supporttool.exe" and choose "Run as Administrator").

Fill in the required fields, check the box "Try to reproduce the issue before submitting" (now take all the actions to replicate the encountered issue).

When the progress bar gets to the end click "Finish". A new archive will appear on your desktop. The name starts with "BDSP_....".

You may not be able to upload the archives here as it's too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com or any other file hosting site and post the download link.

We are waiting for your answer. Thank you!

The standalone Safebox app works fine. I am only experiencing this issue when using the Safebox module built in the Total Security suite.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

The logs we refer to apply to Bitdefender Total Security as well.

Be so kind as to provide us with the requested reports for further investigation.

Thank you!