Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Switch Bitdefender To New Laptop

Options
mamic933
edited July 2013 in My bitdefender

Hello, I hope I'm in the right topic.

I need to renew my laptop and want to switch the Bitdefender (one out of 3 licenses) purchased only about 2 month ago.

My question is - how do I do this? Because I guess registering a 4th computer will not work!

Thanks

mamic

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi mamic, and welcome :)

As long as you uninstall Bitdefender from the old laptop, that will free up that license (3rd one) to be able to install it on the new laptop.

Uninstall BD from All Programs, or Control Panel on the old laptop, and complete the process with a PC reboot. Then you can install BD on your new laptop. Here is a link to the full offline direct downloads. When you run it, and it asks to check for new files, deny it for now (can be done after install, by running an update)

Let us know how it goes, or if you need anything else :)

Kind regards,

Scott

• I don't see a "Thank you" button here - so thank you!

Will report back on the weekend when I have the new one!

Regards

mamic

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013
    Options

lol, :) no kudos or thank you button, but you just did it...:) You're welcome.

Keep us posted. Happy shopping :)

Scott

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013
    Options

Just a follow up thought I forgot to mention, mamic.

Chances are that your new Laptop will come with some sort of trial version AV installed, but maybe not fully loaded, which will need to be uninstalled first.

I like to use their normal uninstall method (i.e. All Programs/Control Panel) then use their uninstall tool (the link in post#2 of BD download), for a more thorough clean up.