Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Registration Nag Screen

Options

Hi developers,

why am I paying for your software if it still nags me to register myself?

This annoys the sh*t out of me and is a basis for not using Bitdefender after the current period.

Regards,

Sven

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Sven,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

By default Bitdefender is installed as a trial version, valid for 30 days. Please use the 7-digit license key received when you purchased the product in order to activate it for the full validity.

Let us know if everything went smoothly. Thank you, hope you have a wonderful day!

By default Bitdefender is installed as a trial version, valid for 30 days. Please use the 7-digit license key received when you purchased the product in order to activate it for the full validity...

That's not what he is talking about. Why do tech support types always assume that someone is asking the dumbest question possible? He's talking about the frickin' nag screen that pops up every day to tell me to register. I don't want to register. My software is already fully activated. Nag screens are for shareware. I don't need any hand-holding. No, you do not know what is best for me. I don't care about Facebook protection. I paid money for the product. It's fully activated. Now leave me the h*** alone. I, too, am done when my license expires. D*** irritating, to say the least.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Seapig,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

The online features of your product and additional Bitdefender services are available exclusively through MyBitdefender. You must link your computer to MyBitdefender by logging in to an account from Bitdefender Total Security if you want to do any of the following:

* recover your Bitdefender license key, should you ever lose it

* configure Parental Control settings for your children's Windows accounts and monitor their activity wherever you are

* back up and synchronize your important files to secure online servers using Safebox

* get protection for your Facebook account with Safego

* protect your computer and data against theft or loss with Anti-Theft

* manage Bitdefender remotely

Also, multiple Bitdefender security solutions for PCs as well as other platforms integrate with MyBitdefender. You can manage the security of all the devices linked to your account from a single centralized dashboard.

Of course, if you are not interested in using any of the above features you can enter any email when the account notification appears. You do not have to actually confirm the account by email to stop the pop-up.

Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.

• Of course, if you are not interested in using any of the above features you can enter any email when the account notification appears. You do not have to actually confirm the account by email to stop the pop-up.

This is not true - I have entered a fictive email address as you suggested, and now I am getting another nag screen telling me that my email address has not been verified yet.

I am not interested in your online crap and would like to continue using my registered Bitdefender Total Security offline, without any nag screens.

Please advise - Thanks!

• Georgia
    Options

Please send me a PM with the email address that you used to register the MyBitdefender account and your current license key so I can check them in the system. I will manually validate the account for you.

DO NOT POST THEM ON THE FORUMS!

Thank you.

• nightsky
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That's not what he is talking about. Why do tech support types always assume that someone is asking the dumbest question possible? He's talking about the frickin' nag screen that pops up every day to tell me to register. I don't want to register. My software is already fully activated. Nag screens are for shareware. I don't need any hand-holding. No, you do not know what is best for me. I don't care about Facebook protection. I paid money for the product. It's fully activated. Now leave me the h*** alone. I, too, am done when my license expires. D*** irritating, to say the least.

Wow, someone actually understanding the issue. The registration nag screen might be acceptable for freeware or adware but not for a paid product. Personally I am past Bitdefender once it expires in about 60 days. Kaspersky does not do that kind of stuff so I shall give that a go.

Cheers,

Sven

• Georgia
    Options

Sven,

Your feedback is highly appreciated and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our products and services.

Have a nice day!

• I too get this nagging registration screen, very annoying.

I bought this product online and I entered my license key. I suppose I am protected now, or am I not?

So I don't want this nagging screen, and I don't want the things it promises me.

Because of this, when my license expires, I will not renew it.