[escalated to development] Do Not Want To Log In To "mybitdefender"

Hi,

I am starting to get very frustrated that bitdefender keeps popping up asking me to login to MyBitdefender.

I do not wish to have data linked to my identity pasted through the internet (even if it is secured, encrypted or anything else) such that I do not want to log in.

At least on a daily bases, maybe more, I have to click close on a pop up asking me to log in. I have searched for an option to prevent this from happening but can not find one. Can someone please direct me to this option? OR have it implemented in an update?

At the moment this seems like the behavior of a virus, ie a pop up asking me for login information with out my consent.

Attached is an image of the pop up...

Please help me from being asked to log in again.

Thank you.

post-83892-1376195662_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Anything?

• Hi,

I am starting to get very frustrated that bitdefender keeps popping up asking me to login to MyBitdefender.

I do not wish to have data linked to my identity pasted through the internet (even if it is secured, encrypted or anything else) such that I do not want to log in.

At least on a daily bases, maybe more, I have to click close on a pop up asking me to log in. I have searched for an option to prevent this from happening but can not find one. Can someone please direct me to this option? OR have it implemented in an update?

At the moment this seems like the behavior of a virus, ie a pop up asking me for login information with out my consent.

Attached is an image of the pop up...

Please help me from being asked to log in again.

Thank you.

I feel exactly the same. I have bought the product, and am impressed with it, but not this MyBitdefender nonsense. I don't want to register and I want you to stop asking me to register. I don't want to use any of the MyBitdefender services, and if I "lose my key" or whatever, I assume you can email it to me like every other software vendor.

• I feel exactly the same. I have bought the product, and am impressed with it, but not this MyBitdefender nonsense. I don't want to register and I want you to stop asking me to register. I don't want to use any of the MyBitdefender services, and if I "lose my key" or whatever, I assume you can email it to me like every other software vendor.

Anything? And please don't tell me to register with any old email and password, as I assume that if someone were to guess this they can then access my PC.

I want to turn this OFF at the source, and not be bothered again.

• So is anyone at bitdefender going to offer a solution? ... It has been a few days now...

• So is anyone at bitdefender going to offer a solution? ... It has been a few days now...

Ok I'm fedup of this, how do I get a refund?

• Again, still waiting for a response... Starting to think a refund is the only option here...

• Again, still waiting for a response... Starting to think a refund is the only option here...

I just wanted to support the other two posters: these login messages are spam, and there should be a way to turn them off.

• I just wanted to support the other two posters: these login messages are spam, and there should be a way to turn them off.

Didnt c this post,but am ###### with the lack of response. Back to Kaspersky when this year is done!!!

• Thanks guys, I appreciate your support! I am just wondering why BitDefender has nothing to say about this.

To be honest, I do not think I have seen the pop up for a few days now, so it has been good. Maybe they fixed it in an update and decided not to say anything here?? (although unlikely.)

I will be back to check if they have any response the next time I see the pop up.

• Didnt c this post,but am ###### with the lack of response. Back to Kaspersky when this year is done!!!

I didn't need to wait. I told them I am sick of this issue and they gave me a refund. At least they are good at refunds even if they aren't good at fixing their spamming software!

I'm back on ESET Nod32 now....I never should have left.

• Seriously WTF. It's been 17 days now and I don't even get an acknowledgement of this bug??

I mean I am trying to be civil about this but this is still an ongoing problem. I have been back to this thread a number of times hoping for a solution. But I get nothing. So now I am about to lose it.

FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!

Another week and I will never return to bitdefender again, and when asked about recommendations for antivirus software the only one I will give is to stay FAR away from bitdefender.

ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PROBLEM!

• Okay everyone, I found a solution to this bug.

Assuming you have windows 7:

Start menu > Control panel > Programs and Features.

Then find the bit defender entry, select it and click the uninstall button.

At the end - restart your computer.

The pop-up will no longer occur.

I recommend a different anti virus software.

I am going to AVG.

• Thank you for your valuable feedback as this is the best way we can improve our products and services!

We kindly inform you that we are currently working on a different and very effective way which will allow customers to remove their email addresses from the in product messaging (IPM) list.

We don't have an ETA yet, but rest assured your feedback has been heard and forwarded to our developers so that they could make use of it.

Please, accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

• Thank you for your valuable feedback as this is the best way we can improve our products and services!

We kindly inform you that we are currently working on a different and very effective way which will allow customers to remove their email addresses from the in product messaging (IPM) list.

We don't have an ETA yet, but rest assured your feedback has been heard and forwarded to our developers so that they could make use of it.

Great, but why is this list even there? We already bought the product.

Why do we need to opt out of spam on a product that is supposed to protect us from malware?

It's now 2013 and still no answer to this problem..........but I have a fix!

As soon as my subscription runs out I'll be going to another application.

I've learned my lesson.....ALWAYS go to the relevant forums (like this) before purchase to find out what the sellers WON'T tell you!!!

Admirable program but, too ######, limited user input and bloody popups that should not be in a commercial PAID FOR application!!!

• Bengie4
    edited June 2016

It's now 2013 and still no answer to this problem..........but I have a fix!

As soon as my subscription runs out I'll be going to another application.

I've learned my lesson.....ALWAYS go to the relevant forums (like this) before purchase to find out what the sellers WON'T tell you!!!

Admirable program but, too ######, limited user input and bloody popups that should not be in a commercial PAID FOR application!!!

My how time goes. It's now 2016 and it's still happening and still no bloody answer.

You know exactly what's happening, it's not a bug, it's code you have included and you promised back in 2013 that you would look at it.

Seems my security will also be moving elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.