Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

'run A Task On This Pc' Not Possible

In MyBitdefender account three machines are listed with proper BD-IS license installed.

1x Win7-64bit

1x Win7-32bit

1x WinXpSp3

But:

Only possible tasks on one pc are shown, not on the other ones even while switching in Dashboard.

It is not dependend on from which machine login is done.

Are there restrictions known?

Additionally:

If clicking for example 'Quick scan', it isn't executed!?

Any hint?

Thx...

Comments

• antikythera
    edited August 2013

I have noticed the same.

I have two of four showing commands right now on the dashboard. The other two list nothing apart from days left and what is installed.

Agreed it doesn't seem to be related to which machines are operational, or operating system installed.

All are on The New Bitdefender Internet Security build 17.15.0.682, 1 a single user license and the others covered by a 3 user license, and have identical firewall, IDS and exclusion rules.

Additionally, if you are behind a router with an enabled hardware firewall, the commands may not reach the PC if the router is blocking communication attempts to them.

On the 3-user license:

Vista HP SP2 x64 (this machine) - No controls, Online

Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64 - Controls available, PC Off

Windows XP SP3 - Controls available, PC Off

On the single user license:

Vista HP SP2 x64 notebook - No controls, Off

I haven't tried issueing remote commands since the first day using 2013 products when I tried registering the first machine I installed to which was already registered. I didn't realise it was trying to send the code to the machine. I mistakenly thought I had to click that button to enter the license code. So it returned code already in use having got through to the machine.

• I have managed to run remote quick scan from the windows xp machine onto the vista x64 desktop. patch tuesday so both machines were on so I gave it a whirl. It is very sporadic as to whether it can communicate or not with the machine and show controls. took a few dashboard page clicks to get it to work.

also, while doing so I found that I now had two entries for the XP machine. I removed both as neither were showing the controls and I didn't know which was going to work. It happened because I didn't remove the device entry prior to formatting the HDD and reinstalling everything.

I'm now wondering if it doesn't just add itself back in after the cloud updates current information how to get it back without reinstalling bitdefender...

• Additionally, if you are behind a router with an enabled hardware firewall, the commands may not reach the PC if the router is blocking communication attempts to them.

Yes, there is a hardware firewall, but its log doesn't show any blocking entries regarding to MyBitdefender.

Which protocols/ports are used for MyBitdefender's communication with the machines, which protocols/ports are used for launching commands?

• Georgia gave information about MyBitdefender as using the ports you asked about in your other thread, Bd Requests To 54.235.219.195 At Port 4001, 4004.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=193976

not sure what protocol but hopefully https given that is what the website address shows for browser interaction with MyBitdefender dashboard. I wonder if your office firewall can give the protocol information or was it just showing the port numbers only?

• I wonder if your office firewall can give the protocol information or was it just showing the port numbers only?

Firewall reclaims TCP connects, but they are allowed now.

Are there other (not logged) events thinkable?

• it may depend on the level of firewall logging of course but any attempts to open an inbound connection should be logged every time even if it doesn't generate a warning and block them.

the machine I deleted has added itself back in properly which is good to see. I deliberately changed the network name this time to make sure.

• antikythera
    edited August 2013

I just installed The New Internet Security remotely on my Father's PC. He is running Medion OEM copy of windows 8 64-bit. It took a few clicks again to get the machine talking with the cloud server properly but a full scan is now running which I started. It wouldn't trigger properly from FF 23.0.1 on windows XP but as soon as I reloaded the page in IE9, the command got sent again (with no further clicking on scan from me) and the scan started.

This will be so useful as he is complete technophobe. He can only just cope with turning it on, typing an email or letter and browse the web. I've tried teaching him and so have others in several different ways. So being able to maintain, keep an eye and eventually renew without using intrusive remote assistance is excellent.

• Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

I tested all the commands via MyBitdefender on a W8 x64 laptop and they were performed successfully.

@ bitter150:

What browsers did you use to launch the tasks?

I also checked the MyBitdefender account associated with your current forum user and all the licenses were expired. As I need more information from you, I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201309021010255

Please check your email associated with your forum account for instructions on how to further investigate this issue.

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.

• IS ANYONE ADMIN IS ONLINE THERE!!!! This is my fourth time I posting here in your safe lock problems a biggest disturbance for me i have a be a big project program in my laptop I will use Tommorow for presentation in our company client if I cannot open this I will may e be terminated in my company please act now what is the solution for safe lock I need your help people! This is absurb!!!! Why should I suffering this safe lock! Miss Georgina I saw your post to the other people with same problem as mine . Help me like what to send message like to others. help me now or I will be fired in my company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pleaseeee hellp me hereeeeee! My laptop is Sony vaio i5 E Series. Windows 8 64 bit operating system I will be fire my boss If I cannot print out my project program in my laptop please help helppp me I'm really desperate need your help now I'm on behind schedule I need to print 60 copies if project presentation in my company please help me admin bitdefender I rally need your hemp I will be fired in this pleaaaeeeee I have no more to

Ask help for someone pleaser help me this is my 6 times to post hereee please I begging you pleaaaseeeeee

ADMIN GEORGIA ADMIN CHRISTIAN OR ANY ADMIN MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN LOCK BY SAFE LOCK

• IS ANYONE ADMIN IS ONLINE THERE!!!! This is my fourth time I posting here in your safe lock problems a biggest disturbance for me i have a be a big project program in my laptop I will use Tommorow for presentation in our company client if I cannot open this I will may e be terminated in my company please act now what is the solution for safe lock I need your help people! This is absurb!!!! Why should I suffering this safe lock! Miss Georgina I saw your post to the other people with same problem as mine . Help me like what to send message like to others. help me now or I will be fired in my company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pleaseeee hellp me hereeeeee! My laptop is Sony vaio i5 E Series. Windows 8 64 bit operating system I will be fire my boss If I cannot print out my project program in my laptop please help helppp me I'm really desperate need your help now I'm on behind schedule I need to print 60 copies if project presentation in my company please help me admin bitdefender I rally need your hemp I will be fired in this pleaaaeeeee I have no more to

Ask help for someone pleaser help me this is my 6 times to post hereee please I begging you pleaaaseeeeee

ADMIN GEORGIA ADMIN CHRISTIAN OR ANY ADMIN MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN LOCK BY SAFE LOCK

• alwaysafriend2
    edited January 2014

I just upgraded from Internet security 2013 to the Family Pack 2014 and have a similar issue:

In MyBitdefender account three of the 4 computers are listed with proper BD-IS license installed.

1x Win7.64

1x Win8.64

1x Android OS 4.1.1

Missing is my mac-pro which is running the latest OS X Mavericks. Not sure why it doesn't show as I do have it logged into MyBitdefender; and bitdefender does appear to be working properly on the mac.

Before the upgrade my 2 pc's that were listed in mybitdefender, I had the various scan options that I could run. After the upgrade, all that appears now after clicking on the button "more info" is the notification that I have an active subscription and the # of days remaining. I have submitted this to support along with a print screen so they could see what I mean. On my 3 devices, bitdefender is working, no problems with the firewall. Any one else with this situation?

As for browsers, on my laptop running Win8, I use both !E11 and Firefox. Before the upgrade, I was able to see all the scan options for both pc's

• alwaysafriend2
    edited January 2014

I just upgraded from Internet security 2013 to the Family Pack 2014 and have a similar issue:

In MyBitdefendder account three of our 4 computers are listed.

1x Win7.64

1x Win8.64

1x Android OS 4.1.1

Missing is my mac-pro which is running the latest OS X Mavericks. Not sure why it doesn't show as I logged into MyBitdefender on the mac; and bitdefender does appear to be working properly on the mac.

Before the upgrade my 2 pc's that were listed had the various scan options that I could run. After the upgrade, all that appears after clicking on the button "more info" is the notification that I have an active subscription and the # of days remaining. I have submitted this also to support along with a print screen so they could see what I mean.

On my 4 devices, running bitdefender there are no problems with the firewall. Any one else with this situation?

As for browsers, I use IE11 and Firefox on the laptop running Win8, Firefox on the mac, and IE10 on the desktop running win7