Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upgrade And Current Subscription Time

Options

Hi guys

I've just renewed my Internet Security 2013 (though I have 31 days left) but I've clicked on Total Security 2014 by accident (not bothered by that it only cost an extra few pounds) - however I'm still being nagged to renew by the newly installed version :wacko:

I can see the new product on MyBitdefender, with the 365 days left - am I right in thinking at the end of my current 31 days I then enter the new license key and the 365 will start OR have I messed something up and these days should have been merged somehow?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hi guys

I've just renewed my Internet Security 2013 (though I have 31 days left) but I've clicked on Total Security 2014 by accident (not bothered by that it only cost an extra few pounds) - however I'm still being nagged to renew by the newly installed version :wacko:

I can see the new product on MyBitdefender, with the 365 days left - am I right in thinking at the end of my current 31 days I then enter the new license key and the 365 will start OR have I messed something up and these days should have been merged somehow?

Any help appreciated

Hi...If I remember correctly, I waited til my current subscription was up and then entered the new license key and everything worked OK. I think you can merge the 2 licences and get the extra days but if something goes wrong, then you are stuck dealing with support. Since you are moving from IS to TS I think I'd wait.

• Hi guys

Any help appreciated

Thanks ozzie :)

• antikythera
    edited August 2013
    Options

also, if you renewed via the online store, please double check the small print. I have found with another product that the clock starts counting down the minute the license code has been purchased and sent to the user even if it isn't entered on the machine and in use.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Hi guys

Any help appreciated

Hi...Just want to mention one more thing. Make sure that your Bitdefender Internet Security subscription is not set to auto renewal. Otherwise your IS will be renewed at full price. I know that if you purchased thru Avangate, you have to open an account and go in and manually change it. Trying to reverse the charges after the fact has proven very difficult in some cases.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    also, if you renewed via the online store, please double check the small print. I have found with another product that the clock starts counting down the minute the license code has been purchased and sent to the user even if it isn't entered on the machine and in use.

Hi...By another product I assume you mean from another company. I renewed my TS license about a month early because they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I didn't activate the new license until the old one was about to expire and it was for the full 365 days. Columbo where are you?

• columbo
    Options
    -----------------

-----------------

Columbo where are you?

lol :) you were doing such a good job I didn't feel the need to step in. But, truthfully, I'm self employed and it gets nuts at times where I need to focus on my work and keeping that a priority, above this forum. Also, just a bit discouraged by the lack of BD support that has really been absent lately. I guess I would care more, if they cared more ^_^ Thanks for noticing, friend. Hope you're doing well :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hi guys

Any help appreciated

You have received some good advice here, but with that "upgrade" to the Total Security, it is now reading that license for that version, thus the 365 days. The license keys for those 2 versions (Suite/Total Security) are "different" and cannot be merged, it would have to be like kind for like kind, i.e. a new BD Suite key can be merged with a preexisting Suite key, and a preexisting T.S. key with a T.S. key.

If you wanted to get your full days that are left back for the BD Internet Security, you would need to contact BD Support via Chat, or phone support to see what they can do in refunding your T.S. and to start over with a Suite purchase. Otherwise those days will be lost.

As far as what you decide to do, if you write off the Security Suite, I would suggest you start over with a clean install of the Total Security as it may still "reading" the Suite key somewhere when you installed the T.S., thus the time to renew pop up.

Download the full offline installer from here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Uninstall BD from All Programs or Control Panel, and restart your PC. Then use the 2014 uninstall tool (paid version link) Restart your PC.

Now, disconnect from the internet, run the T.S. .exe file, and when it asks to check for new files, deny it, and continue the install. When it's done, you can reconnect to the internet run a update and log into your MyBitdefender account. Hopefully, BD will now read this "new" install of now ~364 days, and you should not get a pop up of the Suites warning of an expiring license.

Hopefully this helped.

:)

Scott

• ozziebear
    Options
    You have received some good advice here, but with that "upgrade" to the Total Security, it is now reading that license for that version, thus the 365 days. The license keys for those 2 versions (Suite/Total Security) are "different" and cannot be merged, it would have to be like kind for like kind, i.e. a new BD Suite key can be merged with a preexisting Suite key, and a preexisting T.S. key with a T.S. key.

If you wanted to get your full days that are left back for the BD Internet Security, you would need to contact BD Support via Chat, or phone support to see what they can do in refunding your T.S. and to start over with a Suite purchase. Otherwise those days will be lost.

As far as what you decide to do, if you write off the Security Suite, I would suggest you start over with a clean install of the Total Security as it may still "reading" the Suite key somewhere when you installed the T.S., thus the time to renew pop up.

Download the full offline installer from here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Uninstall BD from All Programs or Control Panel, and restart your PC. Then use the 2014 uninstall tool (paid version link) Restart your PC.

Now, disconnect from the internet, run the T.S. .exe file, and when it asks to check for new files, deny it, and continue the install. When it's done, you can reconnect to the internet run a update and log into your MyBitdefender account. Hopefully, BD will now read this "new" install of now ~364 days, and you should not get a pop up of the Suites warning of an expiring license.

Hopefully this helped.

:)

Scott

That's more like it. Just need to clarify a couple of things here. If he has purchased a TS key but has not yet registered it, can he just let the IS subscription run out and then register the TS key for the full 365 days?

• columbo
    Options

Edit: forgot to give the 2013 uninstall tool link for your 2013 Suite, run that after you've run the 2014 T.S. uninstall tool (as you now have that currently installed): http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804

• columbo
    Options
    That's more like it. Just need to clarify a couple of things here. If he has purchased a TS key but has not yet registered it, can he just let the IS subscription run out and then register the TS key for the full 365 days?

Absolutely correct my friend, as long as he has not registered it, T.S. (i.e. ran it in trial mode) he can just let the Suite key expire, and install the T.S. with its full 365 days. Bitdefender only starts the countdown once the product has been installed and registered, and not when it was purchased.

Yet, it sounded like he did install and register it (showing 365 in his MyBitdefender account) and thus the clock is ticking down.

Good follow up post on that clarification question, ozziebear :)

• antikythera
    edited August 2013
    Options

yes indeed it was, via their digital river managed e-store. the policy only changed recently which is why I mentioned it just in case Bitdefender do similar. good to know that you got the full term though.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Absolutely correct my friend, as long as he has not registered it, T.S. (i.e. ran it in trial mode) he can just let the Suite key expire, and install the T.S. with its full 365 days. Bitdefender only starts the countdown once the product has been installed and registered, and not when it was purchased.

Yet, it sounded like he did install and register it (showing 365 in his MyBitdefender account) and thus the clock is ticking down.

Good follow up post on that clarification question, ozziebear :)

Ok. I think we got that one straightened out. When I originally read his post , I was under the impression that he hadn't registered the TS yet. Thanks for clarification on merging keys from different products. I didn't do a very good job of that. Good to see you back. We're all a little disappointed with the level of support lately but I'm afraid that as long as BD gets these glowing reports from the testers, then they will concentrate on marketing their product rather than supporting it.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner as I've had more complications.

Glad to notice that all the questions have been answered, therefore I am closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.