Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Will The Upgrade To 2014 From 2013 Causes Shortening Of Days Left

Options

If I upgrade from 2013 version of internet security to 2014 version, then its free. Or the no. of days left will be shortened as an upgrade charge.

Comments

• antikythera
    Options

it is free, you won't lose any days. Download the new version from this thread:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Before installing it is highly recommended to run the 2013 version uninstall tool as per Georgia's post here.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Viktik,

antikythera is right. Our company policy is to offer all our customers free upgrades to the newest Bitdefender product available on the market for the remaining days of their licensing period.

For example, a 3-year license key for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 may be used in the next years to install the future versions of the same suite (Bitdefender Internet Security) as soon as they are released on the market. As a Bitdefender customer you will always be entitled to upgrade for free.

Thank you for contacting us and have a great day!

• Hello Viktik,

antikythera is right. Our company policy is to offer all our customers free upgrades to the newest Bitdefender product available on the market for the remaining days of their licensing period.

For example, a 3-year license key for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 may be used in the next years to install the future versions of the same suite (Bitdefender Internet Security) as soon as they are released on the market. As a Bitdefender customer you will always be entitled to upgrade for free.

Thank you for contacting us and have a great day!

I suppose my question will be positive but I want to make sure:

I still have 78 days to go to the end of my (3 year) license.

When I order my renewal already now for another 3 years, will the remaining 78 days be added to the next three years that I order?

Would you please be so kind to confirm?

Thanks a lot.

Henri

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Henry,

Absolutely. If you renew the same product (e.g. let's say you currently have Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 and you purchase Bitdefender Internet Security -the new 2014 edition), then the remaining validity days of your old key will be added to the new key during the registration process. Thus you will have one license with an accumulated validity period.

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

• Thanks a lot for your answer, now this is clear to me.

But another question comes to me: what happens when I upgrade already now my license from "Bitdefender Internet Security" into "Bitdefender Total Protection".

In the meanwhile I still have 58 remaining validity days.

Is it possible to order already now a new license of 3 years + the value of the remaining 58 days, or do I have to wait until the last day that my "Internet Security"-license ends and order only at that moment a new three year license for "Bitdefender Total Security"?

I thank you in advance for your answer.

Kind regards

Henry

Hello Henry,

Absolutely. If you renew the same product (e.g. let's say you currently have Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 and you purchase Bitdefender Internet Security -the new 2014 edition), then the remaining validity days of your old key will be added to the new key during the registration process. Thus you will have one license with an accumulated validity period.

Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Henry,

Thank you for your question. If you upgrade from Bitdefender Internet Security into Bitdefender Total Security, there are 2 choices:

1 - upgrade the current subscription to the new Bitdefender Internet Security (2014 edition) and wait until it expires. Then, register the new Bitdefender Total Security key in the same program. It will automatically detect that the key corresponds to another product and will install that one instead.

2 - or contact Commercial Service, have your current subscription upgraded from Bitdefender Internet Security to Bitdefender Total Security (60 validity days will be extracted to compensate the price difference). Install the new Bitdefender Total Security, then register it with the 2 keys, one after another. During the registration process the validity of the 2 keys will be merged. In the end, you will have one key with accumulated validity.

We are here for you should you need further assistance.