Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Website.

Options

Since I installed Bitdefender over the weekend, I can no longer access a webpage that I need to get to. Now, depending on the browser, I get an error that tells me the webpage is not available, when I know it is.. I suspect Bitdefender is behing this, but cant figure out how to white list the page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Hi,

What's the configuration of your computer? CPU? Memory?

Do your computer appear this problem before?

Thanks.

• Hi,

What's the configuration of your computer? CPU? Memory?

Do your computer appear this problem before?

Thanks.

Hello!!

I am running just a regular PC, 64bit, Windows 7. I have never had a problem accessing this particular website.. When i got the message that the webpage is not available, I first contacted the owners (IT People) and they confirmed that it was not on their end, and something was blocking it on my end,, Then asked if I had recently installed any Virus software,, Which of course I did,, So we determined its Bitdefender. How can I unblock a website from Bitdefender??

Thanks for the help!

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi BeachBound :)

You can add that to the BD Whitelist by going into Settings (or Privacy Panel on the main UI/settings gear icon) Privacy Control and under Protection against phishing option, you will see the option of Whitelist, add it to there, restart your browser, and you should be good to go. (you shouldn't need a PC re-start)

Not sure why it gave you that error. If you had received a BD pop up block alert notice when trying to access the web page, you would want to post it in the False Positive forum: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=138

Hope this helped :)

Scott

• Hi BeachBound :)

You can add that to the BD Whitelist by going into Settings (or Privacy Panel on the main UI/settings gear icon) Privacy Control and under Protection against phishing option, you will see the option of Whitelist, add it to there, restart your browser, and you should be good to go. (you shouldn't need a PC re-start)

Not sure why it gave you that error. If you had received a BD pop up block alert notice when trying to access the web page, you would want to post it in the False Positive forum: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=138

Hope this helped :)

Scott

Thank you for the HELP!! I did add the page to the whitelist, but it did not solve the problem, I may need to reboot. I am able to get to the page from my phone without a problem. I would like to shut down Bitdefender to see if I can get to the page, but cant even figure out how to shut it down without doing everything individually.

So far,, not sure I am digging Bitdefender at all :wacko:

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013
    Options

You're welcome, but sorry it didn't resolve it for you.

AS you surmised, there is no one click "shut down all security features" option. You could try disabling the Antiphishing component, and in Antivirus/Settings/Modify/Traffic Scan/disable HTTP traffic, and see if that works.

Otherwise, if you wanted to start a new thread on the False Positive forum with your link (you would get better attention with your own thread), that could help.

• Hi,

I using Windows 7 64 bits also.Do you have already close Windows Defender and Windows Firewall?And are you sure your computer can link to Internet?

If you put some websites into Bitdefender's white list already and you still can not open those websites,please change your browser.(Have a try!)

You can download Google Chrome.If that is useless,please apply.

Another method is try to close Bitdefender's Protect or uninstall bitdefender.

If no,the problem usually is your link(to internet) ,not your computer.And you can ask some technicists or experts about your link.Because I live in China,I don't

know how you link to Internet.

Thanks.

• Hi,

I using Windows 7 64 bits also.Do you have already close Windows Defender and Windows Firewall?And are you sure your computer can link to Internet?

If you put some websites into Bitdefender's white list already and you still can not open those websites,please change your browser.(Have a try!)

You can download Google Chrome.If that is useless,please apply.

Another method is try to close Bitdefender's Protect or uninstall bitdefender.

If no,the problem usually is your link(to internet) ,not your computer.And you can ask some technicists or experts about your link.Because I live in China,I don't

know how you link to Internet.

Thanks.

Yes, of course I can get on the internet.

• Apparently I am not the only one having this issue

BD cPanel Problem

It seems the 2014 Version is causing a Browser issue with cPanel and WHM.