Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Auto Renewal Question !

Options
busterbuddy
edited August 2013 in My bitdefender

I just purchased a New BD IS license from a third party internet seller in Utah (not Avangate ). There was no mention of any auto renewal. Does the activation of my BD IS with this license key automatically enroll me in any auto-renewal program? If so, how do I un-enroll?

I have read too many horror stories on Security forums about the BD/Avangate auto renewal policy not to ask this question.

I am expecting an answer to this question from BD CS.

Comments

• ozziebear
    Options
    I just purchased a New BD IS license from a third party internet seller in Utah (not Avangate ). There was no mention of any auto renewal. Does the activation of my BD IS with this license key automatically enroll me in any auto-renewal program? If so, how do I un-enroll?

I have read too many horror stories on Security forums about the BD/Avangate auto renewal policy not to ask this question.

I am expecting an answer to this question from BD CS.

Hi...Without knowing who the 3rd party seller was, its hard to give you a definitive answer. As far as Avangate goes, if you wish to cancel the Auto Renewal, you must first open an Avangate account. Once logged in to your new account, you will find an option to cancel the auto renewal process. It is enabled by default. I would suggest that you see if your seller has a similar process.

• Hi...Without knowing who the 3rd party seller was, its hard to give you a definitive answer. As far as Avangate goes, if you wish to cancel the Auto Renewal, you must first open an Avangate account. Once logged in to your new account, you will find an option to cancel the auto renewal process. It is enabled by default. I would suggest that you see if your seller has a similar process.

Thanks for your reply ozziebear :-)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi hawki,

The auto-renewal feature could be enabled only for orders placed on our official website www.bitdefender.com, which are processed by Avangate and Digital River (Global Commerce), authorized vendors of Bitdefender products.

I checked your Bitdefender account. Rest assured the automatic renewal is not active for your Bitdefender Internet Security key. It expires on 2014/08/28.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you have other questions or concerns.

Thank you!

• busterbuddy
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hi hawki,

The auto-renewal feature could be enabled only for orders placed on our official website www.bitdefender.com, which are processed by Avangate and Digital River (Global Commerce), authorized vendors of Bitdefender products.

I checked your Bitdefender account. Rest assured the automatic renewal is not active for your Bitdefender Internet Security key. It expires on 2014/08/28.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you have other questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Thank You Georgia for taking the time to look up my account and for your definitevly informative post.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

You are most welcome, I was glad to help.

This discussion has been closed.