Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Bitdefender Caused Problem With Goodsync Connect

Options

Hello,

After the August 20, 2013 (or August 21) update there is a problem using GoodSync (www.goodsync.com) when “Bitdefender Antivirus Plus” is running.

GoodSync offers the option to synchronize folders from 2 different computers that are connected to Internet (with a P2P connection).

This is achieved by a GoodSync Server (running as a Windows service). For the two computers to find each other this service connects to mediator.goodsync.com

After the recent update “Bitdefender Antivirus Plus” somehow prevents the "GoodSync Server" service to operate properly.

1. I contacted the GS support and after sending them a number of logs they came back with “You have a bad proxy or security program that corrupts communication of GS to mediator: GS receives headers but not body of HTTP transaction.”

2. When I run the Windows in "Safe Mode" and Bitdefender is not loaded - GoodSync works fine.

3. I created a support ticket to Bitdefender – [Ticket ID:201308231004917].

4. I also tried GS on a computer running a different antivirus – it all works there (and it was the case with Bitdefender till August 20, 2013).

Am I the only user with those 2 software pieces working simultaneously?

Any support or workarounds are appreciated. I already tried to add the GS service as an exception to Bitdefender, but the problem is still there.

Best regards,

Marian Yordanov

Comments

• Rampant
    Options

Hi.

What processes and how you have added to the exceptions?

• post-154618-1377800888_thumb.png

Hi.

What processes and how you have added to the exceptions?

Hello,

I added "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\GoodSync\Gs-Server.exe" using the "Excluded Proceses" link of the "Exclusions" menu.

post-154618-1377800888_thumb.png

I am not sure how the Windows services and the processes relate to each other.

Best regards,

Marian

• Rampant
    Options

I would also add an executable file goodsync.exe, in exclusion processes.

• I would also add an executable file goodsync.exe, in exclusion processes.

Hello Rampant,

Thank you for your time on this.

Tried adding the "goodsync.exe" as exclusion - the problem still exits.

Best regards,

Marian

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi, Marian.

I also could not find a solution, any exceptions, do not give the possibility to synchronize data with the server program.

49837240ff.jpg

• People from Bitdefender,

Can you add a word at least I know you a reviewing the problem!

It's not what I've expected from your company!

• Hi, just wanted to add that I also had this problem recently develop with Goodsync. I hope a solution is found very soon.

• Hi, just wanted to add that I also had this problem recently develop with Goodsync. I hope a solution is found very soon.

Hello Caitlin,

Probably it is a good idea to open a support ticket to Bitdefender - you can also mention that it is a follow-up to the Ticket ID:201308231004917 created by me.

Hopefully ringing the bell once again will remind Bitdefender to look (and hiopefully find a solution) to this problem.

Best regards,

Marian

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options

Hi Marian

Thank you for your follow-up post.

I checked the response from the labs. The file is clean and not currently detected by Bitdefender.

Please follow these steps, which will guide you on how to turn off each Bitdefender module so we can isolate the feature causing this issue (for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus please skip the 3rd and 7th step):

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=194847

Looking forward to your response.

• data-lab
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hi Marian

Thank you for your follow-up post.

I checked the response from the labs. The file is clean and not currently detected by Bitdefender.

Please follow these steps, which will guide you on how to turn off each Bitdefender module so we can isolate the feature causing this issue (for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus please skip the 3rd and 7th step):

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=194847

Looking forward to your response.

Hello Georgia,

Thank you for stepping in.

I already tried switching off the individual Bitdefender modules with no success. The only procedure that worked for me is to reboot the computer in "Safe Mode" - then the Goodsync server works fine.

While this is a “workaround” it is time consuming and I don’t know how to reboot the remote computers (let’s say the one in the office, while I am at home) in “Safe Mode”.

I think if you are allowed to install third-party software you can install Goodsync and you will replicate the problem.

If I can provide you with more information – I will be glad to. I really need a solution.

Best regards,

Marian

P.S. If this can guide you which BD module it is - it seems like Bitdefender is interfering the normal behavior of the “GoodSync Server” service – when Bitdefender is installed it takes forever to stop the service (and probably the service does not operate properly).

• Georgia
    Options

Thank you for your response.

Please re-enable Bitdefender and let me know if this workaround fixes the issue:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=195947

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

• Thank you for your response.

Please re-enable Bitdefender and let me know if this workaround fixes the issue:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=195947

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Hello Georgia,

1. Thank you for your support.

2. Renaming "bdtl.dll" solved the issue. As I could see the file was dated 08.19.2013 which is the date I think the problem first appeared.

3. Is there any schedule for fixing the "bdtl.dll"? How long shall we prevent the software update? Will you notify as (how) when permanent fix is available?

Best regards,

Marian

• Georgia
    Options

I have created the request to the Testing team and I will now wait for their update. As soon as I will have new information on this case I will come back to you.

If we manage to reproduce the issue internally the permanent fix for it is usually delivered via product update within 1 month.

In the meantime, should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

We are unable to reproduce the issue internally. This is why we need to perform a few tests on the affected PC.

Please respond to my email via Ticket ID: 201308231004917

Thank you!

• data-lab
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hello,

We are unable to reproduce the issue internally. This is why we need to perform a few tests on the affected PC.

Thank you!

Hello,

I am not sure what I was supposed to do.

Anyway, I just replied and sent a message to support@bitdefender.com

• Hello,

Thank you!

Just a follow up to my email.

I have TeamViewer installed and can provide you with access right now.

The sooner I have a solution - the better.

Best regards,

Marian Yordanov

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

I will contact you on Monday (September 9, 2013), at 11.00 AM GMT +3.

Just make sure to have your email open at that time, as I will need the credentials.

Thank you so much for your cooperation!

• Hello,

I will contact you on Monday (September 9, 2013), at 11.00 AM GMT +3.

Just make sure to have your email open at that time, as I will need the credentials.

Thank you so much for your cooperation!

OK.

Thank you so much.

• Georgia
    Options

Hi Marian,

Please reply to my email sent via Ticket ID: 201308231004917 with the required information. I will get back to you in 1 hour.

Thank you!

• Georgia
    Options

Hi,

A product update was recently released (build version 17.18.0.808). You have all the details over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46294

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then this issue should be solved.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience, have a nice day!

• I will contact you on Monday (September 9, 2013), at 11.00 AM GMT +3.

Replica Hand****,Replica ###### On Sale