Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2013 + Chewing Up Resources

Options

Since installing Bitdefender 2013 i've noticed a HUGE decline in available system resources. When my computer is idling or if I have code brewing in the background bitdefender starts hogging around 70-90% of my CPU and HDD for passive scanning. I've turned down the scanning sensitivity in the hopes that would alleviate some of the resource waste, but it really hasn't made a noticeable impact.

The issue is becoming so bothersome that i'm considering just getting rid of Bitdefender even though i've paid for a year's service. It's using more resources that Window 7's file indexing service ( which I have mostly turned off.)

Is there a way to minimize this program's significant impact on my computer's resources WITHOUT having to add 3/4s of my file list to the excluded extensions module?

Attached is resources overview of how much HDD activity bitdefender is generating.

post-155188-1377731705_thumb.png

Comments

• Over a week and still no reply? I'll try contacting support directly, but I had hoped forum mods would allay the need to call.

Can't say i'm not disappointed with my experiences so far.

• You can turn off Autoscan that's what I did but sometimes it will randomly screw up with BD Agent and vserve hogging up all resources.

ALso searching in the forums their tech guys are prolly unable to fix this as they havent replied with any solution yet.

you should shop for other Security Solutions