Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Incompatibility

Options

On August 29, 2013, I purchased and installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014 from Cleverbridge for $29.95.

I have been using Acronis True Image Home 2009 for 4 years, and it has been working fine, but now that I have installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014, True Image backup no longer works. The daily backup that used to run in 26 minutes now runs indefinitely, never finishes, and I have to stop the task. Note that the problem with True Image coincides EXACTLY with the installation of Bitdefender.

After seeing the problem, I researched the issue on the Internet and discovered that MANY people have been having the same problem, going back to at least 2008.

I contacted Bitdefender, and they told me to contact Cleverbridge. Later, I saw the following on Bitdefender’s website: “Any purchases not made directly through the Bitdefender website are not eligible for refund. Refunds for these purchases will be in accordance to the individual sellers’ refund policy, and we advise you to contact the reseller directly to begin the refund process.”

I contacted the seller, Cleverbridge, and their response was that I should have tested the trial version before buying their product. Therefore, no refund.

From Cleverbridge: “Sadly, like any retailer, we can't lend commercial software and then refund in full later.” Apparently even if the software is deficient.

My response is that Cleverbridge AND Bitdefender should have stated on their websites that there are known compatibility issues with Acronis True Image. This is carrying caveat emptor too far.

Bitdefender was only $29.95, and if one of the companies had used common sense and given me a refund, I would have been happy and would have been willing to try other software from those companies, and I would not be talking about them on computer forums. Very short-sighted on their part.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi SpencerCat99, and welcome

Have you tried adding Arconis files/foldes & process to exclusions list (i.e. backup etc.), hopefully this will resolve the problem and get your Acronis up and running: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

I have used Acronis 2012 on PCs with BD 2012, and 2013 without any problem, hopefully the above will help. As of last weekend, I had done a reinstall of all my PCs OS, so I presently don't have Acronis reinstalled to help you better. If anything, keep adding files to exclusions till hopefully you're up and running.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Georgia
    Options

@ SpencerCat99

We are just as sorry as you to hear of the issue you encountered.

Be advised that the incompatibilities you mention between Bitdefender and Acronis True Image were resolved on our end since 12/Mar/08.

Indeed, Bitdefender does not refund purchases that are made through resellers , as you agreed with their refund policy. However, we would first like to offer our assistance in this matter if you decide to keep Bitdefender.

Please let us know what you decide.

• @ SpencerCat99

Be advised that the incompatibilities you mention between Bitdefender and Acronis True Image were resolved on our end since 12/Mar/08.

Hello,

I don't think the issue is completely resolved. When backing up a large file like a VmWare virtual disk which can have many GBs I receive a Blue Screen of Death.

The solution is to turn AutoScan OFF during the backup.

My OS is Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello japp27,

Thank you for reporting this situation.

From your description, the issue is not related to the original one, as no BSOD's were involved. The Bitdefender firewall was blocking the connection and with NAT everything was OK.

Please contact our support team via e-mail using the link below as we need to activate a set of specific loggers on your system:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Thank you!