Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Avast ,detected As Trojan

Options

Hello,ive using bitdefender for a long time and wanted to scan my computer with anther anti virus , i uses avast whice i downloaded from there website avast.com , i disabled bitdefender for the scan process , when i wanted to remove avast with install/unistall programms , its activate its own unique uninstall process anyway i closed it and dont know why but than i scaned avast files with bitdefender and i got shocked and scared to see that its says it found trojan , 5 infected files and i couldnt delete them and it told me to connect bitdefender with the problem,now i personally think its just false alarm and its conflicts beetwen anti virus ,i used bitdefender rescue mode,but can someone tell me if this is true , or its really just a false alarm and its not trojan. Or virus or i do got infected? Please help im really not sure what to do , thankks, shay d.

Comments

• antikythera
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hello it will be a false positive. Having two antivirus products installed at the same time causes problems like mis-identification and poor system performance even if one has been partially disabled.

If you want a second opinion scanner I would recommend malwarebytes anti-malware in free version. if you choose to try it make sure not to activate the free trial for pro. if you do activare the free trial it will then conflict with the bitdefender the same way avast has done.

• hi,ok but how i can be 100% sure, this is the case?

and i did remove avast manually ,i deleted the folder in the program files but avast files in windows,registry,etc... are still there and the are even files that i searched for and i cant delete them for some reason,now i need to download a cleaner program but i do not easily download things,because i have lack of trusting programs,ill upload what bit defender found..

post-170082-1385914904_thumb.jpg

• depends where you downloaded avast from. if from the avast site or via cnet it should be okay. use the avast removal tool to clean up the broken install files if necessary

http://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB10#idt_02

• I did download from avast.com ofcourse ,only from there sites , but why than bitdefender found this 5 trojan and i do want to clean avast without doing so with any program but i see its imposible since i cant delete certaon files, can some one explain to me more and insure me its false alarm, i may do system resotre , also i may need to contact bit defender for relax my mind and feel my computer not being with a trojan

• this is what it show that it find when i scan avast folder

post-170082-1385940937_thumb.jpg