Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Getting Safepay Notifications When I Shouldn't

Options
randomperson1
edited December 2013 in Safepay

Recently I have started getting safepay notifications when I shouldn't.

Seems like any site I visit will trigger one. (wikipedia, cbs sports among others... when I am not making purchases) After accidentally clicking yes once it brought me to a foreign (non united states) amazon site... with a product I'd have no interest at all in buying.

Any way to fix this? Am I infected where I need to give my machine a hard drive wipe?

EDIT: Justa fter posting this I closed one of those notifications and more are popping up in the bottom right corner of the screen. Closing one seems to trigger another one.

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Recently I have started getting safepay notifications when I shouldn't.

Seems like any site I visit will trigger one. (wikipedia, cbs sports among others... when I am not making purchases) After accidentally clicking yes once it brought me to a foreign (non united states) amazon site... with a product I'd have no interest at all in buying.

Any way to fix this? Am I infected where I need to give my machine a hard drive wipe?

EDIT: Justa fter posting this I closed one of those notifications and more are popping up in the bottom right corner of the screen. Closing one seems to trigger another one.

Could be more than one thing, but let's try them one by one.

First you can try to open manually Safepay from the desktop shortcut, click Settings, and look into the list of domains you have.

Depending on what you have there we can follow up, but for the moment let's assume you have, say, cbs.com domain in the domains list.

If is there, check its setting; if it says "Automatically...", change it to "Do not...". Do this for all the domains that you do not want to use Safepay to.

Let us know how it worked and if this was the cause of constant popping notification.

Regards,

Cristian

PS The discussion is more deeper here, since Safepay uses inner components scanning the HTTP traffic and detecting if a bank URL is there.

In short: if you open a page to, say, www.cbs.com, but inside that page there is another web page embedded (a commercial, banner etc.) which refers, say, to www.chase.com, the scanner will detect the presence of Manhattan Chase bank and will notify about a bank URL (hence such an alert to use Safepay).

Even more, you can be in a non-browser program (say Yahoo Messenger or so) which also does web traffic to bank addresses; this also can be a possible - even remote - cause of alerts.