Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay - Not Impressed And It Lacks Useability

Options

I have tried using SafePay and must admit am far from impressed by it. There are major issues with it. If when logging in, or typing in for payments and the bank doesn't recognise it the password and asks you to set up a new password SafePay does NOT pop up and let you do it. You have to switch to doing it via a non-safe method.

Why, does SafePay not allow this to happen? And are you supposed to remember which order your Banks/Credit Cards Url's are? if so that is kind of annoying not having a "list" or types in front of you.

Is there no way of using the Virtual Keyboard outside of SafePay? I have my bank and use Rapport, which I can't so it seems use via SafePay, is there a reason for this?

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

Let's take all points one by one (I hope I understand them right).

If when logging in, or typing in for payments and the bank doesn't recognise it the password and asks you to set up a new password SafePay does NOT pop up and let you do it. You have to switch to doing it via a non-safe method. Why, does SafePay not allow this to happen? You have to switch to doing it via a non-safe method. Why, does SafePay not allow this to happen?

Autocompletion for login credentials is not enabled by design. (There is Wallet integrated in 2014 version, but in 2013 Wallet did not existed).

I'm not sure what means the bank doesn't recognize the password, probably you entered the password wrongly and you get the invalid password message.

And are you supposed to remember which order your Banks/Credit Cards Url's are? if so that is kind of annoying not having a "list" or types in front of you.

It can be done also manually by typing the URLs, but setting Safepay to automatic mode will recognize bank URLs, and offer to open them in Safepay. Once opening a bank/credit card URL in Safepay, you can add it to Favorites by pressing the plus icon in address bar for later use (the URL domain will be marked in settings, and also the URL will appear in Favorites/Bookmarks and trusted as bank from now on).

Is there no way of using the Virtual Keyboard outside of SafePay? I have my bank and use Rapport, which I can't so it seems use via SafePay, is there a reason for this?

No. Virtual Keyboard is accessible from Safepay only; it is not meant to be used outside Safepay. The whole point is to isolate Safepay from the outside environment.

Rapport (I suppose is Trusteer product) installs on the whole machine, while Safepay is a reverse sandbox; it does *not* allow interferences from outside programs.

Please let me know if I can be of any more help, or if you need any other clarification. Me or my colleagues from Safepay team will usually answer in forums.

Regards,

Cristian

PS As a side note: 2013 has entered maintenance bugfix only mode (2014 version as well, to a lesser extent). The 2014 version have many improvements - not sure if will satisfy your demands better, though.

• I have tried using SafePay and must admit am far from impressed by it. There are major issues with it. If when logging in, or typing in for payments and the bank doesn't recognise it the password and asks you to set up a new password SafePay does NOT pop up and let you do it. You have to switch to doing it via a non-safe method.

Why, does SafePay not allow this to happen? And are you supposed to remember which order your Banks/Credit Cards Url's are? if so that is kind of annoying not having a "list" or types in front of you.

Hi Guys. My general opinion about Safepay is one of disgust and above all mistrust. I am not so sure if that works correctly due to it's lack of useability. Jumping from Safeplay to another browser is a pain.

Safepay does not always function correctly. I used to have it running automatically as soon as I opened a bank login site. Now it does not.

Printing from a Safepay opened bank page is not possible.

The new red coloured corner Icon used to switch from one browser to the other is only visible if all windows are reduced in size.

The virtual keyboard which incidently, can be read by some Keying spy programs as a mouse click connected to a particular code (the code being a keyboard key) loads up half hidden and must be dragged down or up to fit in the screen. Bitdefender should and must review this urgently.

Also and, after the various problems I had with the software Bitdefender Total Security 2013 and all recomended uprades, whereby the chat line technicians could hardly help, apart from giving rather lengthy and complicated instructions to recover a report from my OS, in order to acertain which problem I had, even after I had meticulously explained what the problem was, on all occasions I solved the problem myself after hours of trial and error and research.

To aquire the Best Security Suit of 2013 and now 2014 is not very difficult. All one needs is to place the money on the right places, articles in spe######ed magazines, Computer Fairs throught the world, etc. etc. A well known way of making money the easy way. Others can do the same job just as well.

Bitdefender has so far desapointed me and charged me for a service which entirely not really there. I am very sorry BD but this is the raw truth.

The Security suit in question allows, even on agressive modus, a lot of things through which should not and even deletes files which should not delete even after I set it up not to do so.

My advice is, use your common sence and move on. I have about 4 months time left. I was offered already and extra 6 months as a kind of excuse for all the bother, but so far that had no influence on the information stored within my BD account profile. So it seems a lot of bla bla.

Have fun guys. Merry Xmas full of Peace, love clothes, food, a roof over your head, heating, etc. Please spare a thought this Xmas to all of those who live around the corner from you and have nothing because os whatever misfortunes they might have had. Get up get your old clothes out give them away, bake a loaf of bread and go to that guy you have seen many times out in the cold and give it to him /her, still warm. Give a hug and wish tehm a wonderfull xmas. The universe shall reward you.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Hi Guys. My general opinion about Safepay is one of disgust and above all mistrust. I am not so sure if that works correctly due to it's lack of useability. Jumping from Safeplay to another browser is a pain.

Safepay does not always function correctly. I used to have it running automatically as soon as I opened a bank login site. Now it does not.

The new red coloured corner Icon used to switch from one browser to the other is only visible if all windows are reduced in size.

The virtual keyboard which incidently, can be read by some Keying spy programs as a mouse click connected to a particular code (the code being a keyboard key) loads up half hidden and must be dragged down or up to fit in the screen. Bitdefender should and must review this urgently.

Also and, after the various problems I had with the software Bitdefender Total Security 2013 and all recomended uprades, whereby the chat line technicians could hardly help, apart from giving rather lengthy and complicated instructions to recover a report from my OS, in order to acertain which problem I had, even after I had meticulously explained what the problem was, on all occasions I solved the problem myself after hours of trial and error and research.

To aquire the Best Security Suit of 2013 and now 2014 is not very difficult. All one needs is to place the money on the right places, articles in spe######ed magazines, Computer Fairs throught the world, etc. etc. A well known way of making money the easy way. Others can do the same job just as well.

Bitdefender has so far desapointed me and charged me for a service which entirely not really there. I am very sorry BD but this is the raw truth.

The Security suit in question allows, even on agressive modus, a lot of things through which should not and even deletes files which should not delete even after I set it up not to do so.

My advice is, use your common sence and move on. I have about 4 months time left. I was offered already and extra 6 months as a kind of excuse for all the bother, but so far that had no influence on the information stored within my BD account profile. So it seems a lot of bla bla.

Have fun guys. Merry Xmas full of Peace, love clothes, food, a roof over your head, heating, etc. Please spare a thought this Xmas to all of those who live around the corner from you and have nothing because os whatever misfortunes they might have had. Get up get your old clothes out give them away, bake a loaf of bread and go to that guy you have seen many times out in the cold and give it to him /her, still warm. Give a hug and wish tehm a wonderfull xmas. The universe shall reward you.

Well, quite a lengthy post starting with some things you don't like about Safepay and ending with a number of problems you describe, not to mention making the claim that Bitdefender pays money to get topped by magazines.

FYI: the testing phase takes up to 10 days (varies), with rotation of all teams being on call for the duration of tests which are not made to look good for money, as you say.

Anyways, I will refer to Safepay points only (the rest is out of forum topic).

Hi Guys. My general opinion about Safepay is one of disgust and above all mistrust.

I'm not sure how a software can disgust you (perhaps only if is offensive, I don't know). It's your opinion, even if is not a positive one. Tell us how to improve !

I am not so sure if that works correctly due to it's lack of useability.

Having complains about usability is one thing, not working correctly is another. The browser is kept as simple as possible, being a dedicated browser with security in mind. What scenarios do you find lacking on usability?

Jumping from Safeplay to another browser is a pain.

Safepay does not jump from a browser to another; being in another browser and accessing a banking URL will, depending on your settings, start Safepay to isolate a sensitive session from the regular environment. You may refer to the desktop switch, maybe, which is accessible using the red arrow button.

That can be caused by many things. I don't think there is software without bugs, I won't say that, but for quite a number of users is working correctly. Perhaps you have a singular issue; did you asked here for help? (I'm looking into Safepay forums regularly and I don't remember seeing such a post from your account).

Again, without more details, I don't know what to say about this issue. For clarification, printing needs a default, physical, non-virtual printer. There are a number of things to be checked. Be sure we tested quite a number of cases and the printing *is* possible.

That's why when you maximize the window the switch button appears in toolbar on the first position. When you restore the window is hidden and you can use the red main button again.

The virtual keyboard which incidently, can be read by some Keying spy programs as a mouse click connected to a particular code (the code being a keyboard key)

Do you have some demonstration case for this? The separate desktop does not allow hooks to be set from other desktops, so I don't see how a "keying spy program" can inject into the desktop unless is already injected in the desktop. Can you elaborate on this?

loads up half hidden and must be dragged down or up to fit in the screen. Bitdefender should and must review this urgently.

So what you say is that if you open virtual keyboard into a position on screen, next time won't open in the same position? Can you post a bug description/scenario on this?

Cristian