Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upgrade To New Bd Total

Options

I recently saw on the forum that I could upgrade from BD Total 2013 to the new version, so I did. Now on my.bitdefender.com under "products" I see that I have an evaluation version of the new BD that expires in 30 days. When I look at the dashboard under the computer in question, it says that I have BD Total Security 2014 with an active subscription. Which one of the screens is correct, and why does the site give me opposing bits of information? I want to upgrade my laptop as well, but it's not worth it if it is just a trial version that will expire in 30 days.

post-150992-1386879343_thumb.png

post-150992-1386879356_thumb.png

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello jeremyp704, welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

This is normal. You used a kit for the new Bitdefender and you activated it with a key generated for Bitdefender 2013 products. What you see is that the online platform MyBitdefender recognized the trial key embedded in the new kit for 2014.

For instance, if you choose to install now Bitdefender 2012 and to register it with your 2013 key, an entry for a Bitdefender 2012 trial key will appear on MyBitdefender. But the program will be registered with the 2013 key.

Keep in mind that you can use keys generated for previous Bitdefender generations in order to register the latest Bitdefender products. When Bitdefender 2015 will be released you will be able to install and register the new product with the same 2013 key. Rest assured your Bitdefender program is correctly registered.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have further queries.