I Cannot See Me Renewing My License....

I am not a newbie when it comes to IT and PC security having been responsible for pc security and protection in a corporate environment since the early 1990's.

I have always had respect for Bitdefender as I see very machines running Bitdefender that are affected and compromised, so, when the product was offered at a discount, I succumbed...

My problems are as follows:-

1) When downloader is running, all work on the laptop stops!

2) When Autoscan is running the laptop is unacceptably slow.

3) When attempting to pause or stop autoscan, it is unresponsive and usually crashes.

4) When attempting to restore back to a previous restore point, it is necessary to uninstall BitDefender prior to commencing the restore in order for the restore to work.

5) When running iTunes and backing up my iphone many of the backed-up files are found to be infected and are quarantined. Excluding the folder does not make any difference.

6) As a result of the above it is not possible to restore my iPhone.

Thank goodness I have triple boot - windows 8.1/Bitdefender, Windows 7/Avast Internet security and Vista / Avast Internet security.

I switch to 7 or Vista to backup my iphone.

I can surely not be alone in experiencing these problems - and, yes, the product has been installed and reinstalled many times.

IF Avast did not have a problem with its browser addin, that would be my product of choice - may be it is time to go back to Avast on all 3 systems

Comments

• IF Avast did not have a problem with its browser addin, that would be my product of choice - may be it is time to go back to Avast on all 3 systems

Firstly I have to say that I am very happy with BD TS, however, all machines are different and as yet I don't see any of your problems. You do realise that the Avast Online Security add-on can be easily disabled or removed, when I used Avast I also used the Bitdefender TrafficLight add-on which is free and far less obtrusive than AOS.

• Did you try switching your on access scanning to permissive? it will use less computer resources.