Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Passwords And Control

So this may seem strange but my kids have administrator accounts on their computers (i dont want to be forever prompted to come login everytime they want to do anything) but I do want to block them visiting a.dult websites and monitor their facebook etc, is there anyway to use bitdefender parental control to do this or am i wasting my time, kaspersky does it very well in that there is a separate parental control password that is required to make any changes to the application even if you have full admin rights.

I also only want to restrict their access to the parental control module, is there anyway to allow them to administer the virus scanning element and have a separate account for the parental controls? again because i dont want to have to come fix every little issue they have with viruses/malware, they are more than capable of dealing with that themselves I just want to be sure they cant get access to things they shouldnt and that they arent doing anything inappropriate on facebook etc etc

Comments

• Lionet
    edited May 2014
    So this may seem strange but my kids have administrator accounts on their computers (i dont want to be forever prompted to come login everytime they want to do anything)

they are more than capable of dealing with that themselves

Hi EnderXi,

Welcome on the forum,

+1 for rickyjm

We cant' have one's finger in more than one pie. rickyim is right, if we have admin accounts, well... we do what we want, and if you believe your children could deal with malwares, I just wonder how they could not bypass your limitations. You'd better give up Parental control. ^_^

Since 2006 and Vista, the UAC limits the "light" admin rights, but it only needs to do a right click on the objet and ask to get the full access to get it, so... You mean KAV could block this step?

A BD expert could answer you.

Maybe check at Microsoft, it could help? (on the level of Microsoft, for example)

microsoft parental control

<_<

A few years ago, parental control was simple, efficient, without software: the desktop in the corridor or the living room (not in the bedroom!), access from xx to xx in the evening, and a glance now and later to check. Nowadays... with portables and social networks, gone with the wind!

Regards, :)

L

• A few years ago, parental control was simple, efficient, without software: the desktop in the corridor or the living room (not in the bedroom!), access from xx to xx in the evening, and a glance now and later to check. Nowadays... with portables and social networks, gone with the wind!

That's right! It's become more complicated nowadays to control our children. But the post is a good tech recomendation for a software development company to launch a new project, I'm sure it would have an overwhelming success.