Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Interfere With The Integrity Of Image Backups

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

I am running Windows 7 x64 Pro with Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12. On one of my computers, full image backups have reported archive integrity errors when the Archive Integrity is checked. It reports a range of sectors.

This first occurred about three months ago, and has happened twice in the last month. I have been backing up this computer with HDM12, without other issues for about two years now and have had BitDefender

as my security solution throughout that time.

The target backup drive is an internal WD Black Caviar, 2TB. I have run chkdsk /r on each occasion and it comes back with no errors. I am suspicious now that something is interfering with the writes to the

target drive. I shut down my Bitdefender Total Security 2013 (a/v and auto updating) on my last backup attempt and it proceeded normally, in fact, faster, and the archive integrity checked out fine.

Anyone have any other ideas? For now, and in the future, I am going to shut down my a/v solution when doing backups.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor