Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Is Vsserv.exe Using 25% Of My Cpu...

Options

why is vsserv.exe using 25% of my CPU when autoscan is disabled? My CPU is set to down clock on idle in order to save power and temperature. This unwanted behavior is causing my CPU to clock to 100%. I disabled autoscan for this reason. Is the disable slider just there for decoration? This behavior is a deal breaker.

Any help would be appreciated. And asking for logs and other stuff is not help. I have Googled this problem (to no avail), and all I see is people getting asked for logs and whatnot, never to hear from Bitdefender again. If that's the way it's going to go, just tell me now and I'll write my time with BD off as a loss and go back to Kaspersky.

Comments

• I have the same problem since one or two weeks. After a moment, Bitdefender Virus Shield take between 23% and 30% of CPU for no apparent reason (no scan in progress). It goes down after approximately 15 minutes.

• I have the same problem since one or two weeks. After a moment, Bitdefender Virus Shield take between 23% and 30% of CPU for no apparent reason (no scan in progress). It goes down after approximately 15 minutes.

At least I'm not alone. However, mine stays like that until I reboot.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    At least I'm not alone. However, mine stays like that until I reboot.

What Darth says is true. I've had this problem twice, and usually a reboot cures the issue. If it is indeed persistent, than contact Bitdefender Support directly. They'll send you a link for a support tool. This will collect anonymous information about your PC, so that they can better optimize Bitdefender.

There's actually two ways you can contact them:

1. Use the built in Bitdefender Support option.

From your Bitdefender Security Center's main GUI page, click the "Help and Support" link. A window will pop up. Then click the bottom option, "Contact Support". Check the checkbox. Then follow the wizard. The advantage of contacting Bitdefender this way is that you already send them the necessary files for them to analyze right away (because you are using the built in support collector).

2. Use the email option from the Bitdefender website:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

This will eventually achieve you the same results, but with an extra step (as they will ask you to download the support collector anyways, and you will have to wait longer for a fix).

Well, good luck, and I hope your problem gets fixed. :)