Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safebox Process

I just installed Bitdefender a few days ago so I'm still learning how this all works.

I have not yet used any of the SafeBox part of it. I have not even started it. There is no way to turn it off, at least not that I can find. Yet, the Task Manager says SafeBox process is using, at this moment, 10,608K memory. Why? What is it doing? Is there a way to turn it off?

Comments

• I have Bitdefender Total Security (current version). I have never enabled Safebox. It is grayed out in both the main panel and the settings panel. Yet today I see there is a Safeboxservice.exe running in task manager.

Why??

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    I just installed Bitdefender a few days ago so I'm still learning how this all works.

I have not yet used any of the SafeBox part of it. I have not even started it. There is no way to turn it off, at least not that I can find. Yet, the Task Manager says SafeBox process is using, at this moment, 10,608K memory. Why? What is it doing? Is there a way to turn it off?

Hello :)

Try this, in the Windows search box type, msconfig and go to the Services Tab/ at the bottom check Hide all Microsoft services, and scroll till you find Safebox. Uncheck it, restart your PC, and it will be disabled. Remember, if you ever want to use Safebox, be sure to reverse this process.

As far as why it's a running process without it being enabled in the BD console, maybe it's because it would be ready to go when you enable it, without a PC restart?

DisableSafeboxmsconfig_zps4bffeb68.png