Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install Bitdefender On A Second Hdd On The Same Pc

Options
mohsen_rkh
edited March 2014 in My bitdefender

Hi

I've a licence of Bitdefender Total Security 2014 (over 2 years left). Recently I've added a (new) second HDD to my laptop. Because of better performance of my second (new) HDD I want to install my OS (Windows) on the second (new) HDD; Is it possible to use my licence on the new Windows installed on the second HDD or it will be void?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello,

If you have a 3 PC licence then yes otherwise you will have to totally uninstall your present BD TS and then re-install to the new location, enter the licence number and you will be fit to go. :)

• Hello,

If you have a 3 PC licence then yes otherwise you will have to totally uninstall your present BD TS and then re-install to the new location, enter the licence number and you will be fit to go. :)

I've a 3 PC licence, but I use 1 of it, and the others are being on 2 other PCs. What should I do?

I know that I have to uninstall the present BD TS but the problem is licence! Is it related and linked to the HDD?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums, Mohsen Rakhshan.

Our update server detects only on how many computers the license key is active at the same time, not the IP of each PC. This is why you can reinstall Bitdefender as many times as you need/want, provided that the key is active on maximum 3 different systems. You will not 'lose' an user of that key if you change the PC.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions or concerns.

• Welcome to the Bitdefender forums, Mohsen Rakhshan.

Our update server detects only on how many computers the license key is active at the same time, not the IP of each PC. This is why you can reinstall Bitdefender as many times as you need/want, provided that the key is active on maximum 3 different systems. You will not 'lose' an user of that key if you change the PC.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions or concerns.

Does BD TS detect the my laptop with new HDD as a new active PC? (4 PCs=>LOSING THE LICENCE)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Absolutely not.

You can make any hardware/software modification to your PC's. Even if you choose to reinstall the Operating System and then install Bitdefender on that computer it will not count as a second computer from a license key point of view.

Just make sure Bitdefender is installed on maximum 3 PC's at the same time. This is the only rule.

If you have further questions, it will be our pleasure to assist you.

• Snufkind
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hello,

I'm using a license key of Internet Security 2014 for 3 PC and have installed it on only one PC, but I will install it on two other PC soon.

Now I want to change from Windows 7 to Windows 8 with the PC on which the product is already installed.

How may I prevent that I "lose" one of the authorized PC by installing the product again under Windows 8?

Thanks.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Snufkind,

The Bitdefender servers only detect how many active licences you have, so if you uninstall BD frrom your Win 7 set up by the time you re-install Win 8 and Bitdefender on that one you will be good to go. :)

Taken from here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=211640

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ Rohugh: Thank you for helping with the answer.

@ Snufkind: Before opening a new topic, we strongly suggest that you use the SEARCH button, to be sure that the problem was not already discussed. In case you start a new topic with an issue that was already discussed, the new topic will be closed down, redirected and merged into the initial one.

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.