Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cant Contact Support Because It Says My Licence Key Is Invalid

Options
lshade
edited March 2014 in My bitdefender

cant contact support because it says my licence key is invalid,

had a problem on start up of my computer, bitdfender wouldn't load it said it had a problem, so i rebooted the computer a couple of times , same result.

so i used the bitdefender repair tool and it was running along fine then it froze. and my computer crashed so when i rebooted it ,the computer worked fine but it bought up a box (bdagent.exe. unable to locate component mfc100u.dll was not found) and when i went into the start-all programs the bitdefender folder was gone, so i went into control panel-programs and the bitdefender icon in there was now just a white box.

i haven't recently updated or loaded any software on my computer, so i downloaded microsoft visual c++ 2010 X86 distributable 10.0.40219 but no change??

i have tried to contact support thru my bitdefender, but it says my licence key is invalid---- it is a 7 digit nimber.

quad cpu Q9400 @2.66Ghz 2.67Ghz 32bit system windows vista sp2

i just can't find any other way to contact support, if someone could help me i would be very much appreciated

i have the total security package , purhased 25/10/2013, My bitdefender says its active and the licence code in there is correct?

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi link007, and welcome

Sorry to hear about the BD and license issues. You can contact Support through this link, which includes Chat, Phone and email (see email addresses their having problems with at the top of the page): http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Follow up here if, and as needed.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ link007

Please let me know if you managed to solve the issue you first submitted. Do you need further assistance?

Thank you! :)

• lshade
    Options

@ link007

Please let me know if you managed to solve the issue you first submitted. Do you need further assistance?

Thank you! :)

thank you , i have fiddled around a bit more with it but i have made no headway, and i still can't get thru the support email because it refuses my licence number.

if you could help me out that would be great.

(i work a series of 12hr shifts then have a break, so if i go missing for a few days don't think i've given up lol.)

• lshade
    Options
    Hi link007, and welcome

Sorry to hear about the BD and license issues. You can contact Support through this link, which includes Chat, Phone and email (see email addresses their having problems with at the top of the page): http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,

Scott

thank you columbo

• lshade
    edited March 2014
    Options

if i download it again from the page that you linked on your message columbo will i need another licence key or can i use the same one?

i just tryed to uninstall bitdefender from in programs and features and it went striaght back to the page it had before when it crashed when in the bitdefender repair mode

i'm not clever enough to give you a screen shot but it says "setup--upgrade" and has 2 progress bars and has seized up @ 50% on the lower one, but it says installing on the top of the bars .

so it must be the repair part. after about 3 minutes i got the fail gong and a box came up "installer.exe- application error the exception unknown software exception(0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x5d45a407.

i'll keep fiddling around. thank you georgia, thank you columbo

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi link007 :)

Let's try this (by the way, your 7 digit key is the correct amount of digits and is the same/correct one to use)

1) Download the full offline 32-bit version of Total Security from here, and save the file to your favorite saved location.

2) Download the BD TS Uninstall Tool form here

3) If you don't already have it, download the free version of CCleaner from here.

Now, go into Safe Mode (usually keyboard f8 during PC start up) and run the saved BD Uninstall Tool file (it takes it awhile to run to completion). Restart your computer and run CCleaner in Registry mode, and only delete any leftover Bitdefender reg. keys shown (their usually towards the bottom). Then run CCleaner in Cleaner mode. Restart your PC.

Now, right click and "Run as Admin" the saved BD file, and if it asks to check for the latest updates during the install, deny it for now (they can be installed later doing a "manual" update from the Update Panel) and see if you can get it to install. You will be prompted to enter your license key, so have that ready.

Hopefully, this will get you up and running. Let us know your results.

:)

Scott

• lshade
    Options
    Hi link007 :)

Let's try this (by the way, your 7 digit key is the correct amount of digits)

1) Download the full offline 32-bit version of Total Security from here, and save the file to your favorite saved location.

2) Download the BD TS Uninstall Tool form here

3) If you don't already have it, download the free version of CCleaner from here.

Now, go into Safe Mode (usually keyboard f8 during PC start up) and run the saved BD Uninstall Tool file (it takes it awhile to run to completion). Restart your computer and run CCleaner in Registry mode, and only delete any leftover Bitdefender reg. keys shown (their usually towards the bottom). Then run CCleaner in Cleaner mode. Restart your PC.

Now, right click and "Run as Admin" the saved BD file, and if it asks to check for the latest updates during the install, deny it for now (they can be installed later doing a "manual" update from the Update Panel) and see if you can get it to install. You will be prompted to enter your license key, so have that ready.

Hopefully, this will get you up and running. Let us know your results.

:)

Scott

thank you , have to take the girls to netball now(australia time) will try this tonight, crossing my fingers now. link.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome. I hope you have a wonderful night at netball :)

• lshade
    edited March 2014
    Options

netball was in the morning---- it is night time now,( australia time) they won there respective games, very happy lol.

i have followed your directions and now have back the bitdefender program etc.... and desk top shortcuts, thank you for that ..

but it still has the same problem when i click on the desktop icon it brings up a box

c\Windows\system32\mfc100u.dll is either not designed to run on

Windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using

the original installation media or contact your system administrator or

the software vendor for support.

am i understanding this is a microsoft problem? i have already downloaded the pack before , maybe i had the wrong one? is there a link you might have for me to use to get the correct one for windows vista sp2 32 bit. , what do you think.

link.

• columbo
    Options

lol, I'm still not to good at anticipating the time zone differences ^_^ I'm glad it was a good day for the girls :)

As far as where we're at with this is, I really don't know where to go from here, except to wait for Georgia. She is on Romanian time, and is off for the weekend. You could also try the other support options in post #2, and see if the email support will accept your key, otherwise, Chat or phone support can get the ball rolling in starting a support ticket and/or sending them a log file if required.

You could also see if you can initiate contact with Support by (if most of the BD Program files are there) going into C:/ Program Files/Bitdefender/Bitdefender and looking for the BD icon Support Tool and double clicking it to run. Otherwise, here is another version just in case it's asked for (the log file): http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

BDSupportTool_zps21c173c4.jpg

I hope this gets resolved for you, as you have been very pleasant to work with :)

Kind regards,

Scott

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ link007

Please follow the instructions available in our knowledge-base article in order to fix this issue:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...C2%B2-1106.html

If the same error persists, please call the Bitdefender Australian support office: (+61) 2801 48283, (+61) 2801 44572, (+61) 1300 954 574 (24 hour service). My colleagues will be able to further assist you.

• lshade
    Options

@ link007

Please follow the instructions available in our knowledge-base article in order to fix this issue:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...C2%B2-1106.html

If the same error persists, please call the Bitdefender Australian support office: (+61) 2801 48283, (+61) 2801 44572, (+61) 1300 954 574 (24 hour service). My colleagues will be able to further assist you.

thank you Georgia i will try to do this soon, i appreciate the help. thank you.

• I have the same problem, i wil contact

Hi link007, and welcome

Kind regards,

Scott

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello miguelaraujo,

Thank you for your post.

To contact Bitdefender technical support by phone please choose the number corresponding to your country, from here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html

Have a great day!