Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Auto Open For My Sites?

I am new to Safepay. I just installed Bitdefender Virus Plus 2014 last week.

I added 2 bookmarks in Safepay, one for my bank and the other my credit card site.

In settings, it has both domains set to "Automatically Open".

And I set the general Safepay setting to "Automatically Open".

When I am using Firefox and bring up either site from my favorites, it does not open SafePay.

Shouldn't it open?

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2014

Hi Marrelli :)

What happens if you do a "clean search" in FF from the the browser address bar, or from a search engine i.e. Google, then click the link?

Also, you have to enter the log in web page in order for Safepay to know it's time to wake up.

Scott

• Hi Marrelli :)

What happens if you do a "clean search" in FF from the the browser address bar, or from a search engine i.e. Google, then click the link?

Also, you have to enter the log in web page in order for Safepay to know it's time to wake up.

Scott

For both sites, I manually typed the address and I googled both sites to get them. Safepay didn't come up.

My favorites go directly to the login pages. As did the searches.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2014

From the sounds of it Marrelli, you're doing it right, and know what you're doing, but, can we try creating a new one, just to make sure?

Do a normal search for something common, in my case boats, and I picked an easy to remember website, www.boats.com.

Open Safepay, and in the address bar type in that web site, in my case www.boats.com. When the webpage loads, go to the Bookmark icon at the end of the address bar with your cursor, and click on it, it will ask to create the new URL, create it, and now in your Bookmark page it should show up. Then click the gear/settings icon and enable it to automatically open. Exit out of Safepay, and in FF search for that web page, and see if Safepay opens automatically when you click that link.

post-4566-1397006422_thumb.png post-4566-1397006471_thumb.png

• From the sounds of it Marrelli, you're doing it right, and know what you're doing, but, can we try creating a new one, just to make sure?

Do a normal search for something common, in my case boats, and I picked an easy to remember website, www.boats.com.

Open Safepay, and in the address bar type in that web site, in my case www.boats.com. When the webpage loads, go to the Bookmark icon at the end of the address bar with your cursor, and click on it, it will ask to create the new URL, create it, and now in your Bookmark page it should show up. Then click the gear/settings icon and enable it to automatically open. Exit out of Safepay, and in FF search for that web page, and see if Safepay opens automatically when you click that link.

post-4566-1397006422_thumb.png post-4566-1397006471_thumb.png

Thanks Columbo,

I tried boats.com and it worked. I tried another credit card of mine and it worked.

So, it seems Paysafe may just have a problem with the sites I decided to test first.

The sites that don't work are: https://www.bankofamerica.com/ and https://www.53.com/site.

Could you try them and see if they work for you to confirm it.

Thanks, Marrelli

• Yes, friend, I'll get back to you.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2014

They both worked, Safepay opened automatically from both your links, and also when setting open bank and shop online, to ask every time, worked.

Maybe try clearing your FF history, cache, everything. Then also flushing your DNS by running command prompt as admin. and typing ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter. Restart your PC, and see if that clears things up when you go to the links. Also, you shouldn't have to do it, but if you haven't already, enable in settings, "open all bank and online shops to open automatically", just to see.

Otherwise, you may need to run a repair, but since the link we created opened, it could just be a corrupt cache thing?

edit: I'll be offline for the rest of the night, but will check in tomorrow morning :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2014

And yet, as the football saying goes.."after further review". I did have a problem with the 2nd link (www.53) after all. It would open to the correct link, then open another link and tab from the same domain, with nothing on the page. The first tab would show the banks website, while the 2nd would just be blank.

It opens 2 tabs, as I copied and pasted the original web page from FF into Safepay, and it opened 2 tabs, as described above and shown below. That one may need to be reported. I'll look into it more tomorrow.

The Bank of America link is fine, loads correctly every time for me. Also, confirm that Adobe Flash is up to date at the bottom of your Safepay Settings page, Manage Plugins.

post-4566-1397013560_thumb.png

• amatz
    edited April 2014
    And yet, as the football saying goes.."after further review". I did have a problem with the 2nd link (www.53) after all. It would open to the correct link, then open another link and tab from the same domain, with nothing on the page. The first tab would show the banks website, while the 2nd would just be blank.

It opens 2 tabs, as I copied and pasted the original web page from FF into Safepay, and it opened 2 tabs, as described above and shown below. That one may need to be reported. I'll look into it more tomorrow.

The Bank of America link is fine, loads correctly every time for me. Also, confirm that Adobe Flash is up to date at the bottom of your Safepay Settings page, Manage Plugins.

post-4566-1397013560_thumb.png

I posted this in the 2013 forum instead of "New Bitdefender" (I have 2014). In case you have 2013.

Further updates: The 2 sites work using IE but not Firefox. In IE, for 53.com I also got the same two tabs (real site and blank page).

I have the same results on my desktop PC and laptop.

I had Automatic Open for all Banking and shopping sites.

I'll be gone till early evening tomorrow.

Thx again, Art

• Hi Art,

I did notice in your 1st post that you're running the 2014 version, as I am too :)

I did submit the www.53 Safepay double tab issue to a Mod here, and we'll see what he replies here, or to me with.

At least you were able to narrow it down to a FF issue, nice investigative work on your part.

If you had tried to clear all your History, cache etc., (and updating as jacksonhm suggested) and it didn't work, maybe a total uninstall and reinstall of FF (including searching for the leftover folders in the usual suspect places, Program Data/ Users/User Name/App Data/Local and Roaming etc). Or, disable all the FF add-ons and try going to one of your links, and seeing by trial and error of enabling them 1 at a time, of which one may be corrupting the accessing of Safepay. I would probably try this first, as it's the least invasive.

You could also try running a BD repair and see if that repairs what may have been glitched as far as its association with FF.

You could do neither, and post a new thread on the 2014 Forum and just mention that you had started this thread (including the link) and where we're at. It has a better chance of getting answered over there, as they tend to do a better job in keeping up with the newer forum. Yet, we may want to see what happens if you try one or the other suggestions above, or if we get a reply from my shout out to the Mod.

• It could be Firefox version related as well. What version are you on with it if I may ask? Try to update to the latest too. smile2.png

My Firefox has 28.0 and it says it's up to date.

• Just a follow up thought, Art. If were did end up after trying the disable/enable FF Add-Ons, in totally reinstalling FF, I would then automatically run a BD repair, as it will then for sure, re-associate itself with FF. I remembered this thread: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=52059&hl=

• Just a follow up thought, Art. If were did end up after trying the disable/enable FF Add-Ons, in totally reinstalling FF, I would then automatically run a BD repair, as it will then for sure, re-associate itself with FF. I remembered this thread: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=52059&hl=

Hi Scott,

I did try disabling all the Ad-ons but that didn't help. I think I'll try some of your other suggestions later when I have more time.

I just wouldn't think it would fail on both my desktop & laptop. Especially my laptop which is kept pretty clean (not too much installed on it).

In the meantime, I think I will turn Paysafe off. And I'm assuming I can still open it manually and go to my bank sites in there.

One question off topic. I purchased Bitdefender AntiVirus Plus last week. I notice in the Forums, they have New Bitdefender and BitDefender 2013 products.

I'm assuming my AntiVirus program gets automatically updated to the latest release so next year it will be the 2015 version?

Thanks Scott and everyone else help.

Art

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2014
    -------------

-------------

Further updates: The 2 sites work using IE but not Firefox. In IE, for 53.com I also got the same two tabs (real site and blank page).

I have the same results on my desktop PC and laptop.

--------------

--------------

Hi Scott,

-------------

-------------

I just wouldn't think it would fail on both my desktop & laptop. Especially my laptop which is kept pretty clean (not too much installed on it).

---------------

---------------

You're welcome, Art :)

Yet, my apologies as when I read your post (upper one) I misinterpreted it that only the 53.com that was a issue on both your PC and Laptop, and not also the BankofAmerica link. As it sounds like that isn't opening either on both PCs with FF as you mentioned above.

Yes, for now you can just open up Safepay and manually enter those sites, as my suggestions would not merit much if it is happening on 2 different PCs. Yet, maybe running a BD repair on one of the PCs wouldn't hurt, just to see if that worked? Otherwise, hopefully, we will get some other feedback here.

As far as the New Bitdefender (2014) version upgrade when the 2015 version.."The Newer Bitdefender" :) comes out, it will be announced which at that time, you will want to uninstall your current year and upgrade to the new version for a cleaner install. The new versions will have an "uninstall the old version" capability, but it's always better IMHO to uninstall the old year manually, then also run the BD uninstall tool, to help make sure the new year version installs more cleanly and glitch free.

Just in case, Support options are on towards the top of the page: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/antivirus/

• No apologies necessary Scott.

Update: Running BD repair and clearing FF Cache, Cookies & download history seemed to have fix the problem on both PCs.

Just curious to how the program thinks a website is a bank or shopping site.

For some reason it thinks a personal web page I built is because it asks if I want to open it in Safepay (I turned on "Ask Every time" for Banking and shopping).

Thanks again

• Hi Art,

You're welcome, and thanks for the no apologies necessary kindness.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it with a BD repair and a bit of FF clean up.

Not sure of how the links in the browser get associated with Safepay, as that's a little over my head (or proprietary, and we'll never know ^_^ ). I do know that Safepay is Chromium based. Here was a good thread (even though it's older and the 1st concerns dealt with keyloggers) that may interest you concerning Safepay, as far as your web page knowledge and experience: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=37584

Also, just a follow up clarification to your question in post# 14, concerning if the 2014 version be "auto upgraded" to the 2015 version? As you may have surmised by how I put it, and the link given, BD will not automatically install a new years version. It is something we find out about, and manually install ourselves.

Hope you have a great weekend :)

Scott

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff

The URL interception is not done at browser level, but lower.

Is it an internal component - traffic light - which is loaded by the shield service (vsserv.exe) and deals with traffic interception.

When HTTP(s) traffic arrives - no matter from where, although there are filtering on processes, browser obviously are accepted - the network drivers notify traffic light, this one fires an event inside Virus shield, and from here the user agent is notified.

Depending on settings (global automatic/ask me/do not use, then for the domain of the URL navigated) the website is automatically opened (Automatically open in Safepay) or user is prompted (Ask me every time).

(A note on alert: if the user closed the alert, then it won't ask for that domain until the next logon).

Cristian