Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quarintined False Positive?

Options

Hi All,

Strange problem here...

As a Windows software developer, I have been developing an application that is targeted to run on the Surface Pro tablet. During development,

I created a regular desktop mode application. Then, on a whim, I wanted to see what would happen if I ran my desktop application on the Surface simulator

that is part of the Surface SDK. I started the Surface simulator, clicked the simulator start button, clicked the desktop tile. In the simulator, I navigated to my application via

file explorer (e.g. C:\foo\vs_solution_dir\vs_project_dir\bin\Release\foo.exe) and attempted to launch the application by double clicking it.

It appeared that nothing happened but after a little time, BitDefender poped up saying it was a virus and quarantined the application.

Now, whenever I try to run that same application - but NOT on the simulator - it won't launch, giving a windows error message. I know the application works fine as it

works on lots of other PC's.

Finally, if I try to tell BitDefender to allow the application, it wont stick. That is, BitDefender's list of allowed applications remains empty.

Pretty frustrated now. Can anyone help out?

Thanks,

Chris