Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Downgrading To Av Plus From Bdis

Options

I have installed the New Bitdefender Internet Security. Because of the problem with the firewall (maintaining connections) I am thinking that instead of uninstalling BDIS (have 265 days left) and getting another Internet security product I would uninstall BDIS and install BD Antivirus Plus and maybe install a free firewall (ZoneAlarm). Are we eligible to change (downgrade) with the BDIS license. One problem I saw in the forums, someone (Christian I believe) said that the AV uses the firewall's traffic logic in the antivirus so I wonder if it would still happen.

Comments

• cc2150dx
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have installed the New Bitdefender Internet Security. Because of the problem with the firewall (maintaining connections) I am thinking that instead of uninstalling BDIS (have 265 days left) and getting another Internet security product I would uninstall BDIS and install BD Antivirus Plus and maybe install a free firewall (ZoneAlarm). Are we eligible to change (downgrade) with the BDIS license. One problem I saw in the forums, someone (Christian I believe) said that the AV uses the firewall's traffic logic in the antivirus so I wonder if it would still happen.

The serial number that you have is for Bitdefender Internet Security only. Even if you disable the Bitdefender firewall, and then install another 3rd party firewall, you might have have issues because Bitdefender still has the firewall drivers loaded.

Your best bet is to talk to tech support and ask them to downgrade your Bitdefender Internet Security to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. They will give you more information about how this process is done. Bitdefender company is flexible that way :)

Hope this helps.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ TheNit

Thank you for posting your request.

It is possible to downgrade from Bitdefender Internet Security to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. My colleagues from Commercial Service will get back to you asap with more details via ticket ID: 2014053003470001

This discussion has been closed.