Bdis Prevented Windows From Booting

Hi :-)

I did a clean install of BDIS 2015 this AM. It looked really nice (had been using BDIS 2014)

My PC was running fast, internet downloads were fast and every thing was fine.

I wanted to try the new start-up timer and delay feature which first requires a reboot.

WELL, I rebooted but my PC would not boot into Windows and Window's Auto Repair was of no help.

Thank God for System Restore. I had made a manual restore point before I uninstalled BD 2014 but before I installed BDIS 2015.

When I do system restore for whatever the reason I have to do a repair of BD, which never bothers me because it's fast using files already on your system. I did the repair and of course I had to re-download all the updates which typically doesn't bother me either beacause it can be completed while I make a cup of coffee.. But I guess the servers are so busy with everyone downloading the new 2015 Products I could not do the update. At the rate it was downloading it may have finished by tomorrow night,

So now I'm back with KIS 2014 which although I think is a good program, I prefer BDIS and KIS makes System Restore totally unreliable.

What the heck happened?

Why did BD 2015 bork my PC???????

I'll eventually reinstalled BDIS 2014 but I would never again risk installing BDIS 2015.

Comments

• Hi :-)

I did a clean install of BDIS 2015 this AM. It looked really nice (had been using BDIS 2014)

I wanted to try the new start-up timer and delay feature which first requires a reboot.

WELL, I rebooted but my PC would not boot into Windows and Window's Auto Repair was of no help.

Thank God for System Restore. I had made a manual restore point before I uninstalled BD 2014 but before I installed BDIS 2015.

When I do system restore for whatever the reason I have to do a repair of BD, which never bothers me because it's fast using files already on your system. I did the repair and of course I had to re-download all the updates which typically doesn't bother me either beacause it can be completed while I make a cup of coffee.. But I guess the servers are so busy with everyone downloading the new 2015 Products I could not do the update. At the rate it was downloading it may have finished by tomorrow night,

So now I'm back with KIS 2014 which although I think is a good program, I prefer BDIS and KIS makes System Restore totally unreliable.

What the heck happened?

I'll eventually reinstalled BDIS 2014 but I would never again risk installing BDIS 2015.

Uninstall BD 2014 with this tool http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/...sumer_paid.html

please use safe mode of windows to uninstall as it will remove all leftovers also in safe mode then reinstall BD 2015

• busterbuddy
    edited July 2014
    Uninstall BD 2014 with this tool http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/...sumer_paid.html

please use safe mode of windows to uninstall as it will remove all leftovers also in safe mode then reinstall BD 2015

Thanks for the info. I did use the BD Uninstall Tool but did not do it in Safe Mode.

May try again because I really liked the way BDIS 2015 ran on my system. But I am somewhat hesitant to risk it because my problem may have been caused not by BDIS 2015 or remnants of BDIS 2014, but rather by my PC config, or a conflict with some other program I have installed on it.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2014
    Hi :-)

What the heck happened?

I am looking at the Bd Startup Optimizer on my W7-SP1. It says App startup time is 8.6 seconds and System 1:48 minutes. No point in messing with the third party startup apps

What apps did you change?

• busterbuddy
    edited July 2014
    I am looking at the Bd Startup Optimizer on my W7-SP1. It says App startup time is 8.6 seconds and System 1:48 minutes. No point in messing with the third party startup apps

What apps did you change?

Never got a chance to change anything. Syetem would not reboot with BDIS 2015;

Had to do a system restore from start-up back to BDIS 2014.

• busterbuddy
    edited July 2014

Hello :-)

I am the OP of this thread.

I believe my OP may have been in error.

This AM the new 2015 version of an IS program I returned to after the events described in my OP was preventing me from viewing certain websites that are important to me for no stated or apparent reason. So I had no choice other than to uninstall it.

Forgetting about the results of my first experience with BD 2015 that I described in my OP, I installed BD 2015.

The same thing appeared to occur. It appeared that my PC would not fully boot Windows 8 into an operational state and it appeared to be frozen.

It was a true face palm moment.

I rebooted several times with the same result. However, it turns out that the problem was not that BD was preventing my PC from becoming operational, rather, it was that with BD installed it was taking a VERY-LONG time (several minutes) for Windows to fully load. This does not happen with any other anti-malware product i have recently used.

I know this is could not be the typical way Windows starts with BD installed.

My PC has all unnecessary start-up programs disabled. Can someone tell me what it is that might be causing this start-up delay on my Windows 8 PC, which starts rather quickly with all other IS programs???

Moderator: I have no objection to this entire thread being deleted as it's title unintentionaly misrepresents BD IS 2015

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi hawki,

Please tell us if you have already contacted Bitdefender support office and post your ticket ID.

Also, enclose a download link to the diagnostic log collected from that system, for further investigation:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html