Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Is Unavailable - Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding

Options

Hi,

I uninstalled BD total Security 2014 and installed my new 2 year licence of Internet security 2015.

It forced me to uninstall Spybot so after a few reboots we got there....

It was all fine until I did a system scan and then I ran into some sort of error that said vsserv.exe is unavailable.

I have done a repair and it all looked good until I do a scan and I get the same....

Help anyone...

I would completely uninstall but I've got a 2 year key for 3 pc's and dont want to loose my further 2 installs on 2 laptops I'm buying for the family...

Comments

• cohbraz
    Options
    Hi,

I uninstalled BD total Security 2014 and installed my new 2 year licence of Internet security 2015.

It forced me to uninstall Spybot so after a few reboots we got there....

It was all fine until I did a system scan and then I ran into some sort of error that said vsserv.exe is unavailable.

I have done a repair and it all looked good until I do a scan and I get the same....

Help anyone...

I would completely uninstall but I've got a 2 year key for 3 pc's and dont want to loose my further 2 installs on 2 laptops I'm buying for the family...

Don't worry. You can uninstall and reinstall on the same computer and not lose the license.

• Georgia
    Options

@ bit-help

The situation you report is usually caused by a conflict with other security solutions (antivirus, tune-up programs, etc.) or leftover files from another Bitdefender installation. Please make sure to uninstall the other security solutions - if any and then repair Bitdefender.

[How to repair Bitdefender 2015]

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...-2015-1311.html

Please let us know how is everything going afterwards.

• HI,

When Internet security 2015 installed , it uninstalled Total Security 2014, some McAfee web protector and Spybot, all that worked fine with the 2014 product...

I have already done a repair as demo'd in the solution and no joy if I do a scan I get the vsserv.exe error...

Um Help...

Is there a forceable remove all tool for all Bitdefender products? But as I said I'm concerned about my license, I'm beginning to think changing product and buying a 3 user license as being the worst thing I've done...

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

You can do a complete reinstall of Bitdefender without worries. It won't affect the validity of the license key nor the number of computers you can install Bitdefender on.

Use this uninstall tool for Bitdefender products:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

Access the link and when the window with the Bitdefender file appears choose the 'Save' option. Save the tool on the PC, right-click on it and from the menu choose 'Run as Administrator'. Click on 'Uninstall', then restart the computer when prompted.

This process may take a few minutes to complete.

Then, reinstall Bitdefender and check the results.

• I've done the uninstall oddly it installed a 60 second Bitdefender AV?

Anyway all looked good but I am still getting Services not responding...

Its ;like 20mins working 30minutes not...

Not very secure for a world class security product....

I'm next thinking uninstalling internet 2015 product and put the latest total security product on and ee if I get the same problems... as laptop had the total security 2014 on it before....

Can anyone help on why this is happening?

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Bit-help,

The 60 second scanner is installed during the 2015 uninstall process if you don't uncheck the appropriate box.

Regarding your problem, are you sure that you have no other security programs running? Anything with real time scanning could possibly cause problems with BD.

• Saurja
    Options

Hello there,

I have been having the same error for months couldnt really knew what to do. But i did found a solution for myself, what u have to do is pick i trial package from the bitdefender website this will download the files for bit-AV. then when u login through ur account it will renew your old subscribtion and u will get the amount of days u had before.

i worked for me so u can give it a try u know, and if not work out format your PC/MAC and try again(coz i did it so maybe).

hope this solves your error,

Thankyou

This discussion has been closed.