Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Monitor Background Scanning Progress?

Occasionally, I will see the security widget animated to show that some background scannin is taking place.

How do I monitor its progress? How do I stop the scanning?

Aloke

Comments

• Hello,

AFAIK there is no autoscan in BD 2015: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=220557

Does this happen if you plug in removable media? If yes, you can disable the scan in the exclusions tab or set it to "ask me every time".

Another possiblility is that you have confused the icon with the automatic update process. With the default settings BD updates itself every hour.

• You mean BD2015 does scanning only on demand? Even on AutoPilot mode?

My event log shows many QuickScans that I did not initiate. Scanning in the background when the computer is idle is a good feature, IMO. Are you sure that is now gone?

The symbol for auto-update is different (two circular arrows in the center of the widget). I see the light green vertical bars scrolling from the right to left in the widget. Like you see when you run an on-demand scan.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    The symbol for auto-update is different (two circular arrows in the center of the widget). I see the light green vertical bars scrolling from the right to left in the widget. Like you see when you run an on-demand scan.

I ran a quick scan, the attached is the Widget showing that scan, the light green bars you see are when you load a file or something and BD checks it. If you don't have the GUI in the window you also have a second icon in the taskbar with a white line going up and down.

post-175392-1410698969_thumb.png

• Sorry for the second post - lost the "Edit" function. :(

Yes, idle scan has been removed - post from Georgia -

Hello,

Autoscan / Idle Scan was removed from Bitdefender 2015.

Feel free to post back should you have other questions, thank you!

• You mean BD2015 does scanning only on demand? Even on AutoPilot mode?

My event log shows many QuickScans that I did not initiate. Scanning in the background when the computer is idle is a good feature, IMO. Are you sure that is now gone?

That may be the point, I don't have AutoPilot enabled. My log shows only the quick scans I initiated.

• That may be the point, I don't have AutoPilot enabled. My log shows only the quick scans I initiated.

AFAIK by default when you install BD 2015 it sets up a Quick Scan, every two days and System Scan, once a week. You can modify the default scans or set up your own Custom Scan

• alokep
    edited September 2014

One can configure QuickScan to run periodically. See attached image (strangely, everything is "greyed out". I can't actually do anything in that dialog box!!)

Back to my question: Whenever BDTS is running a scan on it's own terms (ie, I did not initiate the scan manually), how does one see the progress of that scan and stop that scan (initiated by BDTS)?

Edit: figured out the Greyed-out part. It is for when you schedule scans.

post-157667-1410727804_thumb.jpg

• AFAIK by default when you install BD 2015 it sets up a Quick Scan, every two days and System Scan, once a week. You can modify the default scans or set up your own Custom Scan

When these scans are going on, how do I monitor the progress and pause/stop the scan?

• When these scans are going on, how do I monitor the progress and pause/stop the scan?

It will be running in taskbar with the same BD icon but a line crosses through it featuring it is scanning ...right click on it and open

• I don't think BDTS 2015 have Autoscan. It does quick scan when the system is idle but not a full scan. I don't know why it was removed. You can't schedule a Full System Scan to run during idle times. I liked the idle scans as well.