Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdagent.exe Handle Leak

I rebooted 30 hours ago, and Task Manager shows bdagent.exe is using 117,000 handles, and adding another 4 every 2-3 seconds.

I have tried turning things off and on but so far no matter what I do it continues to leak handles.

BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2014 did NOT leak handles. If there is no solution I'll go back to BD 2014.

Does anyone else see the same issue: See attachment.

Thanks

post-185486-1415767419_thumb.png

Comments

• I rebooted 30 hours ago, and Task Manager shows bdagent.exe is using 117,000 handles, and adding another 4 every 2-3 seconds.

I have tried turning things off and on but so far no matter what I do it continues to leak handles.

BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2014 did NOT leak handles. If there is no solution I'll go back to BD 2014.

Does anyone else see the same issue: See attachment.

Thanks

post-185486-1415767419_thumb.png

I forgot to add:

Windows Vista 32 Bit SP2

• Found this by the way.

If you do not release your handle to a resource, other people may not be able to access it - this is why you sometimes cannot delete a file because Windows claims it is in use.

In general, if you are opening handles and not closing them, it is analogous to leaking memory. You should figure out what is going on and fix it.

Have you tried to run a version update yet? 1.gif

• Found this by the way.

Have you tried to run a version update yet? 1.gif

I have not tried to run a version update yet (I will when I have time - this install is only 2 days old and I downloaded it direct from the BD website, so I woudl hope it is up to date.

But here is good news:

I stopped the handle leak by disabling the BitDefender BDMenu Class Shell Extension using ShellExView. See the enclosed screenshot.

BitDefender, that Shell Extension appears to leak handles. Please fix!

Thanks

post-185486-1415815629_thumb.png

• I have not tried to run a version update yet (I will when I have time - this install is only 2 days old and I downloaded it direct from the BD website, so I woudl hope it is up to date.

But here is good news:

I stopped the handle leak by disabling the BitDefender BDMenu Class Shell Extension using ShellExView. See the enclosed screenshot.

BitDefender, that Shell Extension appears to leak handles. Please fix!

Thanks

post-185486-1415815629_thumb.png

I checked a Windows 7 Home Premium machine with Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 installed, and bdagent does not leak handles, and their is no shell extension for BDMenu CClass.

• I checked a Windows 7 Home Premium machine with Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 installed, and bdagent does not leak handles, and their is no shell extension for BDMenu CClass.

Thanks for checking!

The Shell Extension is the program that is responsible for enabling "Right Click" BD scans. It must be named something else in your version of BD, or you may not have that feature. See enclosed screenshot:

post-185486-1415818200_thumb.png

When disabled, the handle leak stops and that item it no longer available in the context menu.

Thanks for checking your system and letting me know what you found.

• Thanks for checking!

The Shell Extension is the program that is responsible for enabling "Right Click" BD scans. It must be named something else in your version of BD, or you may not have that feature. See enclosed screenshot:

post-185486-1415818200_thumb.png

When disabled, the handle leak stops and that item it no longer available in the context menu.

Thanks for checking your system and letting me know what you found.

My Support Ticket, for cross-referencing purposes:

New Open ticket: 2014111204190001