Edit My Profile. Anti Theft.

chunky+
edited November 2014 in Anti theft

I recently purchased Bit defender total security 2015,after registering my details, when I view the anti theft section my computer is shown as being located in

in Romania, how can I correct this error.

Comments

• Hello chunky,

You need to contact Bitdefender via e-mail and report the problem.

Email: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Ro.

• I purchased Total protection 2015 2 weeks ago, so far in the "Anti theft" section my computer is shown as being

located in "Romania" I appreciate that the location will be some distance on a map but considering I am based in

Lincolnshire,U.K. that's a dammed long way out, thank god they are not involved in missile targeting. I have sent

a number of emails to Bitdefender who suggested I contact my broadband server, I have done this and B.T. tell me

my IPS is correct, if it is stolen provided they take it to Romania at the postcode stated I will be able to retrieve it.

I have been trying to edit my profile but all I get is "error" I cannot get into the site, can anybody supply a telephone

number for Bitdefender based in the U.K. I am not prepared to pay premium rates for the call.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited November 2014

Hiya

I answered the other post you made about this and linked the e-mail address. They should get back to you fairly quickly.

Rohugh

• Hello,

The issue is not caused by Bitdefender Antitheft. It seems that we are affected by a known issue Google has. We have requested and ETA for the fix and we're currently awaiting their response.

• Thank you for your patience.

Google has fixed the issue that affected the geolocation service. Please check if Bitdefender Antitheft locates your device correctly now.

We are here for you should you require further assistance.

• This is not fixed. As of today BD Anti theft is erroneously locating 3 of 3 of my devices. Two I am looking at in SW England and one says it is in London, the other in Dorset.

Totally useless!

Anyone any ideas?

• Its not fixed in the 2016 edition - Two machines on the same router. One machine shows that the machine is in my neighbours house (I'm Okay with that as I know location isn't perfect), but the other machine is seen as being five miles away. I contacted support who's answer was that the location aspect isn't perfect. Prey is much more precise

This discussion has been closed.