Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Crashing And Freezing Up With Ts2015

My Win7 desktop has been randomly crashing and freezing since I installed Bitdefender Total Security. Going from 2014 to 2015 did not help. Do I need to go back to 2013?

Comments

• Hello cucamonga,

You are not giving much in the way of details, but this is really something you need to have Bitdefender help you with. Please send in a support email to Bitdefender and give them as much information as possible.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Ro.

• My Win7 desktop has been randomly crashing and freezing since I installed Bitdefender Total Security. Going from 2014 to 2015 did not help. Do I need to go back to 2013?

Hi, Cucamonga

I've had the same experience with BD 2015 Internet Security on my PC install, and on my sisters PC I installed 2015 IS on yesterday. On my PC (Windows 8.1 64-bit) I had to do a hard reboot due to a freeze up. My sister had a freeze up (Windows 7 64-bit) but I just waited for a minute and it recovered. I'm thinking it may be a Photon or AV thing? (learning the PC) and I'm just going to let it be, as programs that once opened slow, are now more responsive.

Maybe give it a couple more days to settle down, and if it still persists create a log file to submit to BD to help them figure it out. If all else fails, uninstall and go back to the 2014 version. But maybe give it a day or two more?

As Rohugh mentioned, you can contact support and upload a log file for them to go through, to see where the issue may be.

To create a log file Open Bitdefender, "Personal" settings icon, Help and Support/Contact Support and allow a support tool to be gathered and follow the prompts.

HelpandSupport_zps9f9581c5.jpg

Hopefully when you installed the 2015 version, you had uninstalled your previous years version (The New BD, 2014) and maybe followed up with the uninstall tool? Even though BD is supposed to uninstall the previous years version on a new years version install, I always prefer to do it manually, for what I think is a better and cleaner install. This members post is pretty good, even using the uninstall tool in safe mode can be helpful: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=223988

Kind regards,

Scott

• I have deinstalled, reinstalled, repaired, and in general done all the things that they have you do to make sure you get past the 30-day refund offer. :rolleyes: I've also sent the support request to Bitdefender, but I have no particular confidence in the result, as I expect the usual "remove everything from your system that has been running perfectly happily for five years and get back to us" crap that everyone does.

What I really want is my money back so I can go buy Kaspersky without feeling like an idiot for falling for the Bitdefender hype. It's a pity, because I really do like a lot of the features the suite provides and it seems to run wonderfully on my Androids, but it slows the heck out of two of the 3 PCs it's on and crashes the third.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited November 2014

I understand your frustration, and just because I post here, doesn't mean that I don't share some negative feedback here, too (i.e. post# 3). It's what hopefully helps to get changes made and issues resolved, especially on a new years build ^_^

Since you've been having issues and have tried working with Support (i.e. have a history with them) you could also try getting a hold of them with one of the support options from my siggy below, and see what they say. As you may know, phone support isn't toll free, and it may take a couple of attempts with Chat.

If you do have a support ticket number, you could also post it here on this forum, and see if Georgia stops by to give you a hand.

If you need anything else, or have another questions, post back.

Kind regards, and good luck,

Scott