Going Back To Norton

stevechang
edited December 2014 in General

I had been a Norton user for about 7 years but wanted to try another software out there, particularly since Norton seemed to slow down my PC. So I read all the reviews by PC Mag and AV Test and Bitdefender was highly recommended. So I promptly ordered the 2015 Total Security package. I installed it from the CD and once installed noticed that the update was stuck at 1%. Rebooted and tried the update again and stuck again at 1%. Did searches on the web and seemed like there were some complaints from other Windows 7 64 bit users.

However Upon rebooting I noticed another more troubling issue: There was a long delay after the "Starting windows" message and the Windows Login appears. This was not like this before the install of Bitdefender and particularly since i have a new SSD. So I did the uninstall of Bitdefender and once again PC reboots to the desktop in 10 seconds as before. So clearly there was an issue with Bitdefender.

I'm extremely disappointed since I really wanted to like this product and based on the glowing reviews it seemed to be exactly what I wanted, but the reality was horrible. I felt I didn't want to spend the time and effort for contacting support since comments on Amazon and other forums seemed to indicate that Bitdefender Support was practically non responsive and non existent, so I really wasn't in the mood to waste time.

So now I have a package sitting on my desk and am in the market for another package. In all reality I'll just go back to Norton after being shaken by this experience.