Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Print On My Network Wireless Printer

Options
psycmeistr
edited December 2014 in General

I have Bitdefender 2015--

Ever since it was installed (I had Bitdefender 2013 prior) I cannot print to my network printer--just shows an error every time.

At times it finally print as the computer is shutting down--but not all the time.

This is not what I signed up for--

I need a resolution--like--NOW--

Thanks

I have an HP WP-4530 printer that worked just fine until I installed bitdefender 2015

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

There is a section on here about setting up devices on your network.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/i-canno...-2015-1300.html

Ro.

• I have the same problem. I have read the link Rohugh posted but I don't know where to find the IP of my printer.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi, finax

I'm assuming that you have BD Internet Security, or Total Security...correct? Make sure you have your Firewall settings as per Rohugh's link provided above.

To find your wireless printers IP address, go to Windows Control Panel/Devices and Printers/ and right click on your Printer (should be set as your Default printer) on the pop up menu, click Properties/and click through the tabs (General etc), it should be listed under one of those for IP Address. Enter it as instructed per the link, restart your PC, and try printing something.

If that doesn't work, you can try enabling Paranoid Mode (for Internet Security or Total Security) from the top of the main BD UI/Personal Settings icon drop down/General Settings, and enable Paranoid Mode. Restart your PC, and try to print something, and see if you get a pop up from BD to allow the connection.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited January 2015
    Options

Another reason I prefer BDW8 Security.

Under Firewall---->Adapter Rules once you set the Network Type Home/Office, Stealth Mode Remote and Generic Off it will show you all you network connections including your printer. You can then choose which ones to let throught the Firewall. I do not believe this option of selecting allowed network connections one by one is available in BDIS. At least I have never found it. Don't know about BDTS.