[solved] Steam Overlay Not Working

So I got the free trial for BitDefender Internet Security 2015 and ever since I started using it Steam Overlay isn't working. I tried going into the BitDefender firewall settings and allowing Steam.exe and gameoverlayui.exe but I still can't access the overlay. Any fix on this front?

Comments

• denito41
    edited December 2014
    So I got the free trial for BitDefender Internet Security 2015 and ever since I started using it Steam Overlay isn't working. I tried going into the BitDefender firewall settings and allowing Steam.exe and gameoverlayui.exe but I still can't access the overlay. Any fix on this front?

I had the same problem. You have to turn off the ACTIV VIRUS CONTROL.

But this is actually not what i want. I would prefer to allow specific files like: Steam.exe, gameoverlayui.exe, and who knows... to acsess the overlay.

Probably we have forgotten to add at least one more file. My list is much longer, but still dont work.

• So I got the free trial for BitDefender Internet Security 2015 and ever since I started using it Steam Overlay isn't working. I tried going into the BitDefender firewall settings and allowing Steam.exe and gameoverlayui.exe but I still can't access the overlay. Any fix on this front?

Add this to your list: iw4mp.exe (in case, you play call of duty modern warfare. Otherwise the .exe of your program)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

If this issue still persists please contact our support office as we will need specific logs. Use the contact form below and be sure to mention this topic.

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

Thank you!

• BOFH
    BOFH
    edited January 2015
    Hello,

If this issue still persists please contact our support office as we will need specific logs. Use the contact form below and be sure to mention this topic.

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

Thank you!

this issue persists......for thousands of us.

and now as of today my FPS is down to 24 FPS unless I uninstall your product completely. I just bought 7 licenses for this software!!!!

ESET IM COMING BACK HOME TO YOU

• Hello,

The issue will be fixed in an upcoming Bitdefender update.

• Finally they admitted it's a bug! I've been searching for hours and hours on the web for a solution (including opening a support ticket that never has been replied), but the only one that works for me is to disable firewall.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

The issue was recently fixed via Bitdefender signature updates (no build change). Please update Bitdefender, then restart Windows and test to see if the situation is resolved.

• Finally its fixed. Thanks for replying.