Vulnerability Scan Keeps Saying I Need To Update Adobe Flash.. But It Is Up To Date

Hi, i have the latest version of flash, every time i run the vulnerability scan it keeps saying i need to update my flash, i have tried downloading it directly from the scan window but just stays the same the next time i run the scan.

is this a known issue?

Jay

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited December 2014

Hi, Jay :)

It's not just you. Sometimes the BD vulnerability scan has a hard time keeping up with things that are installed on our PCs. If you Google, Bitdefender vulnerability scan, the first result should be to the forum links, where this has been an issue for a while. Granted, it has gotten better, but still can't be totally relied upon, you need to verify things for yourself.

In my case, Flash was out of date, correctly flagged so by a BD vulnerability scan. I clicked on the link for the download (which went properly) and after installing the new update, restarted my PC, just to make sure that it wouldn't be an excuse for BD to "not find it", and it still shows it being out of date.

Vulnerabilityscan_zps92d175b8.jpg

Also, when using the Vulnerability scan for Windows Updates, and it shows an update, I would run Windows update from Windows itself, and confirm the need for the update, and download and install the update from Windows Update, and you will probably have better success. Use Bitdefender to notify you of things that may need an update, but it at times we still need to verify and confirm things for ourselves.

edit:sp