Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan At Startup

Options

I just installed bitdefender 2015 and I have no Idea how to stop it from scanning during startup. I already turned off autopilot. Can you guys offer instructions?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello amcntabanao,

If you are asking about the early boot scan, GUI>Antivirus (gear icon)>Tick the "Custom" box>Miscellaneous tab>Uncheck "Early boot scan".

Ro.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hello amcntabanao,

If you are asking about the early boot scan, GUI>Antivirus (gear icon)>Tick the "Custom" box>Miscellaneous tab>Uncheck "Early boot scan".

Ro.

This is like turning of SSL scan. I understand why BD gives users the option to turn off Early Boot Scan and SSL Scan but ISTM that the extra speed is not worth the higher security risk. Obviously a lot of people disagree with this so BD offers the turn off option. In fact I have seen studies showing that over 70% of computer uses prefer to give up some security if it offers them more speed. I am not one of those 70%.