Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 Pop-up Notifications

Options

I am plagued with pop-ups in my BitDefender Internet Security 2015. Seems like there is a continuous "Disinfection in Progress" window, lower right corner by the clock. I can click on the "X" and it will reappear in a matter of a minute or so.

I have turned off/disabled all pop up notification in the general settings that I can locate; I have switched from the various modes, i.e. gaming/other and still I get these intrusive pop up windows on the screen.

Is there any way to turn these off?

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi, cpukat

Did BD finally get what it was disinfecting, disinfected? You can check the log files to see: Personal Settings icon at the top of the main BD UI -> Events -> Antivirus, and look for a completed or information of a disinfected file. You can also look to see if somethings been quarantined: Protection Panel -> Antivirus (gear icon) settings and the Quarantine tab.

If you're still having the issue, there are a couple of options you can try:

1st You could try running a repair (from Control Panel, or All Programs): http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...-2015-1311.html

2nd You could try setting BD to Quarantine what it finds (i.e. compared to 1st action being to disinfect a file) by going to the Protection Panel -> Antivirus "gear" settings -> Modify -> Actions -> Move files to quarantine. Restart your PC, and see if you still get the "disinfection in progress" pop up.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Hi, cpukat

Did BD finally get what it was disinfecting, disinfected? You can check the log files to see: Personal Settings icon at the top of the main BD UI -> Events -> Antivirus, and look for a completed or information of a disinfected file. You can also look to see if somethings been quarantined: Protection Panel -> Antivirus (gear icon) settings and the Quarantine tab.

If you're still having the issue, there are a couple of options you can try:

1st You could try running a repair (from Control Panel, or All Programs): http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...-2015-1311.html

2nd You could try setting BD to Quarantine what it finds (i.e. compared to 1st action being to disinfect a file) by going to the Protection Panel -> Antivirus "gear" settings -> Modify -> Actions -> Move files to quarantine. Restart your PC, and see if you still get the "disinfection in progress" pop up.

Kind regards,

Scott

Thanks for that info. This is for a family member pc, and I will report back when I get a chance to see them again.

• columbo
    Options
    Thanks for that info. This is for a family member pc, and I will report back when I get a chance to see them again.

You're welcome, and thanks for keeping track of your thread :)

Maybe since you haven't heard from them for a couple of days, no news is good news (BD resolved itself)? I would first check to see what the AV Event log files show, then if there's anything in Quarantine and go from there if needed, in regard to my other suggestions provided.

• You're welcome, and thanks for keeping track of your thread :)

Maybe since you haven't heard from them for a couple of days, no news is good news (BD resolved itself)? I would first check to see what the AV Event log files show, then if there's anything in Quarantine and go from there if needed, in regard to my other suggestions provided.

I did both steps in your post, and it did appear that the popup window had closed after running the repair. I also went into the settings to turn off all popups, notifications, etc. Rebooted the pc and now the pop up window is back. Any other suggestions?

• columbo
    Options

At this point, I would say try one of the Support options listed in my siggy below, and hopefully they can help.

You could also create a log file and submit it to BD via the main BD UI, at the top, the personal settings icon drop down arrow/Help & Support/Contact Support and run the the support tool. You could even copy and paste this thread along with your issue description, which may help them, too.

Hope they get it figured out for you.