Black Screen With Cursor On Computer Startup

I installed Bitdefender Free 2015 on my new Windows 7 Pro 64-bit computer. Now I keep getting a black screen with the cursor when I boot it. This can last from 10-40 seconds before the enter password screen comes up.

I read other people had similar issues. I tried uninstalling Bitdefender but the problem persists. The black screen might not last quite as long but it's still there. The computer is very fast, i7 quad core with 16 GB of RAM, so this is not the problem. Pretty sure it was fine before I installed Bitdefender. How do I get rid of this?

Thanks.

Comments

• I deleted the BitDefender folder in the registry. No luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• same problem here!!! please help us!

• I installed Bitdefender Free 2015 on my new Windows 7 Pro 64-bit computer. Now I keep getting a black screen with the cursor when I boot it. This can last from 10-40 seconds before the enter password screen comes up.

I read other people had similar issues. I tried uninstalling Bitdefender but the problem persists. The black screen might not last quite as long but it's still there. The computer is very fast, i7 quad core with 16 GB of RAM, so this is not the problem. Pretty sure it was fine before I installed Bitdefender. How do I get rid of this?

Thanks.

Hello C_minor,

When you uninstalled did you use the New Bitdefender Uninstall Tool? If not use it now.

Regarding the black screen on boot, this is caused by the early boot scan, once you have installed Bitdefender you can disable it by going to the GUI>Protection>Antivirus(cog)>tick the Custom Box>Miscellaneous>untick the "Early Boot Scan" box.

Ro

• Hello C_minor,

When you uninstalled did you use the New Bitdefender Uninstall Tool? If not use it now.

Regarding the black screen on boot, this is caused by the early boot scan, once you have installed Bitdefender you can disable it by going to the GUI>Protection>Antivirus(cog)>tick the Custom Box>Miscellaneous>untick the "Early Boot Scan" box.

Ro

Where is this GUI locate? Is it in the register or where else?

• Where is this GUI locate? Is it in the register or where else?

GUI is the Graphical User Interface - the Bitdefender window that opens when you double click the icon in the system tray. See attached.

Ro.

post-175392-1424544979_thumb.jpg

• GUI is the Graphical User Interface - the Bitdefender window that opens when you double click the icon in the system tray. See attached.

Ro.

Still without any clue about how to access the "GUI>Protection>Antivirus(cog)>tick the Custom Box>Miscellaneous". Any additional suggestion?

• Still without any clue about how to access the "GUI>Protection>Antivirus(cog)>tick the Custom Box>Miscellaneous". Any additional suggestion?

By the way, this same question I asked the people at Bitdefender but still no answer from them. More than two and half boot time minutes is a long time.

• Still without any clue about how to access the "GUI>Protection>Antivirus(cog)>tick the Custom Box>Miscellaneous". Any additional suggestion?

1. Open the GUI by double clicking the Bitdefender icon in the system tray.
    2. Click the first square where it says "Protection".
    3. Click where it says "Antivirus"
    4. Half way down, check the "custom" box (see attached).
    5. This window is called Bitdefender Shield. Click the Miscellaneous tab.
    6. Uncheck the last box "Early Boot Scan".
    7. Click OK
    8. Close the GUI
    Ro

post-175392-1424550870_thumb.jpg