Bd Av+ 2015 Buttons (except Scans) Do Nothing

Hello,

This is my first post. I am half happy with the BD product. I have had no crashes and it appears to keep

my system safe. The other half is that I can change or clear nothing. I suspected that Autopilot prevented

such, but neither can I turn that off. I have 40 years experience in computing but I've never felt so ignorant

and helpless, especially over something basically very good that I have paid for.

I am using:

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015

Windows 7 Pro 64bit sp1

(no error message received)

(screenshots not relevant)

no other security solutions (as advised)

Last fall BD support cleaned a lot of stuff off my system remotely, uninstalled the other security solutions I had at that time and advised me to re-install BD, which I did. Since then I have corresponded a few times, continuing to report the same problem.

Reproduced below are two email messages between bdsupport@bitdefender.com and myself

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Bitdefender Support Center

To: me Dec 4, 2014

Dear Ed VanSciver,

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender Customer Care. This is an automated reply to confirm that we have

received your request, and that we are working on resolving your issue(s) as promptly as possible. Your

assigned ticket number is 2014120417280004. We advise that you keep this reference number in a safe

place for further tracking/follow-up.

Regards,

Bitdefender Customer Care Team

me

To: Bitdefender Support Center Jan 13

I am still waiting for your reply. It has been some time now and I am increasingly disappointed. I have found only one thing improved by the re-installation you directed me to do. When I clicked on vulnerability, the program informed me that I needed critical windows updates. Clicking on "Install all" caused them to be

done. I was sure I had auto-update turned on within windows. Does your program turn that off?

The count of events is now up to 147 and most buttons still do nothing

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I have apparently deleted my original message of Dec. 4 but in it I complained that most buttons in the BD

windows bring no response. I can do the scans but that is about it. It is now Feb 19, 2015 and nothing has

changed except the count, which is now up to 306. I've not been told that the ticket was closed, so I am really surprised that I have received nothing further.

What should I do?

Comments

• Hello Chesty and welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Your most recent ticket open with Bitdefender support is 2015020220260001. I notice that my colleagues asked you some details 14 days ago, which they never received. If no reply is received from you within 5 days, the ticket is automatically closed. This is what happened. Please reply with the requested data to reopen your case.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Hello Chesty and welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Your most recent ticket open with Bitdefender support is 2015020220260001. I notice that my colleagues asked you some details 14 days ago, which they never received. If no reply is received from you within 5 days, the ticket is automatically closed. This is what happened. Please reply with the requested data to reopen your case.

Thank you for your understanding.

Maybe it did not get through my spam filter, but the others have. I got no message in February so I don't know what details you need.

• Maybe it did not get through my spam filter, but the others have. I got no message in February so I don't know what details you need.

Hiya Chesty,

The best thing to do is to send in another support request quoting ticket # 2015020220260001 and ask them to send the details again.

Ro.