Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security/total Security

Options

I downloaded a trial of Bit Defender Safe Pay and am running this alongside Avira Free

Am I able to discontinue the trial of Safe Pay and replace it with a trial of BD Internet Security or Total Security ? I am concerned that if I uninstall the SafePay I will not be able to re-install the trial because I have tried another product.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello tuanton,

Yes, you can discontinue the trial of Safepay and should you wish to go back to it later you will be able to do so as long as it is within the trial period - remember the trial period does not stop just because you are not using it. :)

Uninstall Avira using their uninstall tool before installing your trial of Bitdefender. There is a 90 day trial of Total Security available if you use Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bitdefender?fref=nf

Ro.

• tuanton
    tuanton
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello tuanton,

Yes, you can discontinue the trial of Safepay and should you wish to go back to it later you will be able to do so as long as it is within the trial period - remember the trial period does not stop just because you are not using it. :)

Uninstall Avira using their uninstall tool before installing your trial of Bitdefender. There is a 90 day trial of Total Security available if you use Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bitdefenderl]

Ro.

Thanks again. I downloaded as you suggested and copy installed OK but having few problems as follows:

1. Scan will not proceed past 37% appears to be frozen on a bitdefender file (bitdefender2015\odscanui.exe) not moved in 55 minutes.

2. Cannot access internet when Bitdefender running.

I have currently uninstalled it.

• Nesivos
    Options
    Thanks again. I downloaded as you suggested and copy installed OK but having few problems as follows:

1. Scan will not proceed past 37% appears to be frozen on a bitdefender file (bitdefender2015\odscanui.exe) not moved in 55 minutes.

2. Cannot access internet when Bitdefender running.

I have currently uninstalled it.

More than several people in the past have reported a hanging problem with running a scan with BDIS 2015 and I believe BDTS 2015. I have had the problem running custom scans with BDIS 2015. I have never had the problem with the default scans or with a contextual scan.

Not being able to access the Internet. Don't know if you did, but reading the user manual can help solve this problem.

• Rohugh
    Options

Like Nesivos, BD system scan hangs for me as well. The last scan hung on 45% for more than an hour before completing the remaining time in a few minutes.

Ro.

• tuanton
    Options
    Like Nesivos, BD system scan hangs for me as well. The last scan hung on 45% for more than an hour before completing the remaining time in a few minutes.

Ro.

i re-installed after doing major clean up of files, registry etc. but same result. I notice that after install I can get internet connection but when scan or updating is activated, internet connection is no longer available. Sorry but have to find another alternative now. Thanks to all who tried to assist.