Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"update" Question(s)

Options

Hi,

2 general questions with "update"

Bitdefender is installed on a laptop that is generally NOT on for 1/2 to 2-3 days, yet when turned on, Bitdefender (always) shows "Last Update TODAY" How can this be accurate?? (The laptop was OFF for 2 days) Also, where/how can I see/check the date of the last (currently in use) signature files (Last update)

Thanks..

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello brntw00d,

Open the GUI (double click the Bitdefender icon in the system tray) and click the little figure with the down chevron on the top bar. Click "Events" and from that click "Update". From that you can see all the updates and by clicking any one to highlighting it and "View Log" at the bottom you will see what was downloaded.

Ro.

post-175392-1430388968_thumb.jpg

• Hi..

OK. Per the event log - it says last update was 4/29/15 (It is 4/30/15) Yet the page still shows "last update Today" (Under the green "You are protected" on the upper left. This is obviously incorrect. ??? Confused. :-) With this - how do I know in fact that my signature file is up to date without having to manually check the log and (then manually running an update.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I may have a partial answer. It has been my observation, perhaps incorrect, that Bitdefender uses the time, not the date, to establish when it was last updated. So, for example, if you last updated at 16:00 yesterday, and turn your computer back on today at 15:00, BD will still show "Last Update: Today." If you logged on today at 17:00, then I am guessing it would show "Last Update: Yesterday." I haven't tested that myself, but I have observed that the 'Last Update" does not seem to relate to the calendar date, rather the elapse of hours.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• brntw00d
    Options
    I may have a partial answer. It has been my observation, perhaps incorrect, that Bitdefender uses the time, not the date, to establish when it was last updated. So, for example, if you last updated at 16:00 yesterday, and turn your computer back on today at 15:00, BD will still show "Last Update: Today." If you logged on today at 17:00, then I am guessing it would show "Last Update: Yesterday." I haven't tested that myself, but I have observed that the 'Last Update" does not seem to relate to the calendar date, rather the elapse of hours.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• brntw00d
    Options

Phil.

"Hummm" Interesting thought. :wacko: (No - I have not paid any particular attention to the time the laptop is back on) But - your explanation could logically make sense. The laptop is generally turned on (around) the same time in the evening. But with your thoughts - all it would take is 1 MINUTE difference.) I'll try to consciously attempt to start it more the 24 hours and see what it shows. THANKS for the response.

PS: I wish (someone) from Bitdefender would respond.... <_<