Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.agent.bizv On Mac

Options

I have Bitdefender for Mac (installed since I bought my mac Book Pro last year). Bit defender has been consistently reporting that my mac is safe but when I did a full full system scan today I was informed that trojan.agent.BIZV was present and could not be disinfected or quarantined. Is this a major threat; can it be ignored; or do I need to take action? Please help/advise. Thanks.

Comments

• cc-bit
    Options

It would be very interesting, where the trojan.agent.biz was located.

I don't know exactly what it does, but I think it's harmful.

Maybe you need Bitdefender support or other professional help with removal.

If possible first save all data, so that you can be sure from data loss.

• Lionet
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have Bitdefender for Mac (installed since I bought my mac Book Pro last year). Bit defender has been consistently reporting that my mac is safe but when I did a full full system scan today I was informed that trojan.agent.BIZV was present and could not be disinfected or quarantined. Is this a major threat; can it be ignored; or do I need to take action? Please help/advise. Thanks.

Hi gandrew,

Welcome on the forum,

You'd better put your post on the forum topic dedicated to Mac.

(Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac)

Regards,

L.

• gandrew
    Options
    It would be very interesting, where the trojan.agent.biz was located.

I don't know exactly what it does, but I think it's harmful.

Maybe you need Bitdefender support or other professional help with removal.

If possible first save all data, so that you can be sure from data loss.

Thank you cc-bit. I was blissfully unaware of the support (it's not evident on opening bitdfender)! I contacted them and they said the file was located in the Time Machine. They simply suggested adding it to exclusions, noting that if the file is ever accessed directly Bitdefender will stop it. Problem solved (hopefully). Thank you again for the guidance.

• gandrew
    Options
    Hi gandrew,

Welcome on the forum,

You'd better put your post on the forum topic dedicated to Mac.

(Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac)

Regards,

L.

Thank you, Lionet. I will do so.

• cc-bit
    Options

Hi gandrew!

Thank you for your feedback. Very interesting issue. So, a suspicious file is located in the backup section of your Mac. It lies there, inactive, harmless, not having infected your computer. But it could maybe be activated once the Time Machine is recalled. Still I wonder, if it could be made to extract and delete this file?

Excuse me for insisting, but I can't dissolve the contradiction between excluding a file from scanning and nevertheless beeing able to stop it. So make sure not to exclude that bad file within the guard function, but at the utmost in the on-demand scanner.

Sincerely,

cc-bit

• gandrew
    gandrew
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi gandrew!

Thank you for your feedback. Very interesting issue. So, a suspicious file is located in the backup section of your Mac. It lies there, inactive, harmless, not having infected your computer. But it could maybe be activated once the Time Machine is recalled. Still I wonder, if it could be made to extract and delete this file?

Excuse me for insisting, but I can't dissolve the contradiction between excluding a file from scanning and nevertheless beeing able to stop it. So make sure not to exclude that bad file within the guard function, but at the utmost in the on-demand scanner.

Sincerely,

cc-bit

Thank you cc-bit,

I understand your point. I followed the advice of the bit defender support engineer: he wrote that if the file is accessed directly it will be stopped by bitdefender. It seems to me that removal of the file would be best but the engineer's advice seems to suggest that excluding the file will mean that it will not show up in scans but also and more importantly cannot be accessed in future. I trust this is correct .

I have seen elsewhere that deleting a file in and of itself can in some case cause inadvertent/unexpected problems so care is needed.

I'm out of my depth here so will follow the bit defender support advice and report back if I have any subsequent problems. I used the exclude tab following the full system scan of antivirus for mac which identified the rogue file.

Thanks again.

• cc-bit
    Options

Hi gandrew,

thank you for your thoughts - they are quite convincing.

Kind regards,

cc-bit

• Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.