Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Customer Support Inadequate

Options

I purchased the 2012 edition 3 years ago (funnily enough). After careful consideration I un-installed it at the end of the licence lifespan. A few weeks later I get a bank statement and I see that £55 has been taken from my account. I call the customer helpline immediately to complain but unfortunately I am one day out from their 30 day refund policy. The person on the phone cannot help further.

I ask to speak someone who can (every time I do this their supervisor is in a meeting).

I ask to be put through to someone who can help me and every time I'm told the sales department don't have phones.

I have received no communication that my subscription was to be renewed. I've received no produce or invoice for a product.

The replies I have received via email have been inadequate but no one will call me to discuss.

I'm at my wits end at how to get this resolved and I'm guessing I'll have to contact the proper authorities in order to get my money back.

The poor people in BitDefenders Romanian call centre have received the brunt of my anger but they have no power to answer any of my questions. This is something BitDefender needs to correct.

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    I purchased the 2012 edition 3 years ago (funnily enough). After careful consideration I un-installed it at the end of the licence lifespan. A few weeks later I get a bank statement and I see that £55 has been taken from my account. I call the customer helpline immediately to complain but unfortunately I am one day out from their 30 day refund policy. The person on the phone cannot help further.

I ask to speak someone who can (every time I do this their supervisor is in a meeting).

I ask to be put through to someone who can help me and every time I'm told the sales department don't have phones.

I have received no communication that my subscription was to be renewed. I've received no produce or invoice for a product.

The replies I have received via email have been inadequate but no one will call me to discuss.

I'm at my wits end at how to get this resolved and I'm guessing I'll have to contact the proper authorities in order to get my money back.

The poor people in BitDefenders Romanian call centre have received the brunt of my anger but they have no power to answer any of my questions. This is something BitDefender needs to correct.

Hi David 2004,

I guess you activated the "auto-bill" function, if there is any on the product you bought. You'd better look for information from your reseller, or did you buy it from the main company? one link below

Bitdefender customer contact

regards,

L.

• Hi David 2004,

I guess you activated the "auto-bill" function, if there is any on the product you bought. You'd better look for information from your reseller, or did you buy it from the main company? one link below

Bitdefender customer contact

regards,

L.

It was purchased 3 years ago direct from Bitdefender. I would never have chosen auto renewal (why would anyone) so either it was already checked and hidden from view or it was never chosen. From the Bitdefender website they say that they send warning emails a week before the licence is due to end but I haven't received any communications of this nature. I only realised I'd 'purchased' the software through a bank statement. As I hadn't known I'd purchased it, it has never been downloaded or used. Customer support just keep quoting the "30 days refund policy" without actually listening to my reasons.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    It was purchased 3 years ago direct from Bitdefender. I would never have chosen auto renewal (why would anyone) so either it was already checked and hidden from view or it was never chosen. From the Bitdefender website they say that they send warning emails a week before the licence is due to end but I haven't received any communications of this nature. I only realised I'd 'purchased' the software through a bank statement. As I hadn't known I'd purchased it, it has never been downloaded or used. Customer support just keep quoting the "30 days refund policy" without actually listening to my reasons.

Hi...This auto renewal business has been a major complaint of BD users for quite some time now. If you have purchased your product thru Avangate, the auto renewal feature is activated by default. You must open an Avangate account and deactivate the feature from there. This is not made clear at the time of purchase so people are shocked when they see the billing on their credit card statement. I wonder how many people pay their bill without seeing this. Avangate is not the only company to do this. While this practice is not illegal, in my opinion, it is highly unethical and BD is quite aware of it. As far as receiving a warning email, it seems that most people never receive one. Also be very sure to check your Avangate account if you have received and accepted a promotional offer from BD or you will be billed twice. And finally, you must deactivate the auto renewal every time you renew your subscription to a BD product. Keep bugging BD support and they may help you. Good luck.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ David 2004

Sorry to hear about your case and thank you for letting us know.

If you still need our help please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Make sure to mention the link to this topic as well.

Thank you!

• Nesivos
    Options

You don't choose auto-renewal. It is on by default. You have to choose to turn it off during the install or by going to your account on Avangate and turn off auto-renewal if you purchased the Bitdefender license from the Bitdefender webesite.

By far the majority of apps I have installed and purcahased an annual license of said product have auto-renewal turned on by default. However, some are are overt about it and it is hard to miss that you are purcahasing a license that will auto-renewal. Bitdefender is not one of those.