Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Long Black Screen Between Windows Loading And Splash Screens

Options

I just installed BitDefender on my Win8.1 desktop today, and I have noticed that I have an excessively long black screen between the Windows loading screen and the Windows splash/lock screen.

Anyone know why this is?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello,

If you have Windows set to fast Startup then the long boot delay will not happen - unless you use restart. You can turn off the early boot scan by opening the Bitdefender GUI>Antivirus>Check the "Custom" box and choose the "Miscellaneous" tab. Uncheck the "early boot scan" box.

Ro.

• leftisthominid
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello,

If you have Windows set to fast Startup then the long boot delay will not happen - unless you use restart. You can turn off the early boot scan by opening the Bitdefender GUI>Antivirus>Check the "Custom" box and choose the "Miscellaneous" tab. Uncheck the "early boot scan" box.

Ro.

I would rather not change to fast startup. I normally switch off my PSU when I am not home (to save whatever marginal power).

So basically, the minute-ish black screen is supposed to be like that?

Also, do you mean "scan boot sectors" (see attached image)

post-191655-1434934473_thumb.png

• Nesivos
    Options
    I just installed BitDefender on my Win8.1 desktop today, and I have noticed that I have an excessively long black screen between the Windows loading screen and the Windows splash/lock screen.

Anyone know why this is?

Restarts are noticeably quicker with BD W8 Security than BD 2015 products.

I load about 15 apps at startup on my W8.1 computers including BD W8 Security. Norrmal restart times without Windows 8.1 updates are about 50 seconds including all 15 apps. With BD1S 2015 on one of W7-SP1 computers with a faster CPU the restarts are noticeably longer. BDW8 Security also ues under 50MB RAM on my W8.1 computers when not scanning compared to BDIS 2015 using close to 300MB RAM on my W7-SP1 computers when not scanning.

• Restarts are noticeably quicker with BD W8 Security than BD 2015 products.

I load about 15 apps at startup on my W8.1 computers including BD W8 Security. Norrmal restart times without Windows 8.1 updates are about 50 seconds including all 15 apps. With BD1S 2015 on one of W7-SP1 computers with a faster CPU the restarts are noticeably longer. BDW8 Security also ues under 50MB RAM on my W8.1 computers when not scanning compared to BDIS 2015 using close to 300MB RAM on my W7-SP1 computers when not scanning.

I bought the three license/two year pack for Internet Security. Only one of my computers uses Windows 8/8.1, so that package does make sense for me.