Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Product Has Expired

Options

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have a smartphone which was misplaced. The phone has bitdefender for android installed on it. The license code used for the bitdefender expired while the phone was misplaced. Because it was a bitdefender sphere subscription that is not sold anymore I replaced it with a BitDefender Family pack.

Now comes the problem. When I login to mybitdefender and go to anti-theft and select the phone which is misplaced, the website shows in red "your product has expired". I contacted BD support via e-mail and they told me this is because the license has expired and you have to input the Family Pack license. So I explained that this is not possible because the product is misplaced. So they extended the license for 30 days, which is neat. But the website still shows "your product has expired".

The phone has had access to internet because the anti-theft website shows that it was last located jun 25 (and this date keeps getting updated everyday). So Anti Theft apparently has contact with the phone but still keeps rejecting the extended license.

PLEASE HELP. What can I do? I need to trace this phone urgently. HELP!!!

post-191815-1435389582_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    I need to trace this phone urgently.

Hi olaf79,

Welcome on the forum!

Please give as many important information on your system -ok it's not the subject here- in your signature (like me) it could help!

here are several tips:

lost phone

and the well known:

Google Android facility

Google&Android

Sorry I just got the french site, I guess you could find out the english spoken one.

Even if you switched off the volume, Google Android could make it sound full noise!

:)

Regards,

L.

• olaf79
    Options
    Hi olaf79,

Welcome on the forum!

Please give as many important information on your system -ok it's not the subject here- in your signature (like me) it could help!

here are several tips:

lost phone

and the well known:

Google Android facility

Google&Android

Sorry I just got the french site, I guess you could find out the english spoken one.

Even if you switched off the volume, Google Android could make it sound full noise!

:)

Regards,

L.

Thanks for your reply and usefull tips. However, there is already an app installed and I want BitDefender anti-theft to do its work as I have paid for the product. Also Android Device manager shows a notification on screen that the phone is being traced. This is not what I want.
  • Lionet
    Options
    Thanks for your reply and usefull tips. However, there is already an app installed and I want BitDefender anti-theft to do its work as I have paid for the product. Also Android Device manager shows a notification on screen that the phone is being traced. This is not what I want.

Hi,

There is another software - a french one - that is dedicated to look for a misplaced mobile.

I do not know if free versions enable people to find the machine...

Cerberus

it has good critics.

... of course, you're right, if we install Cerberus, its admin will know everything of our computer... Google does it too very well, microsof*t as well and the N.*S.*A's computers read everything. :wacko:

Brave New World is already taken over... :wacko:

Sorry for not going further concerning BD. I do not have this gimmick (anti-theft) and, truly, I do not appreciate too much the "swiss knife" aspect of this excellent software.

Of course, you check there?

BD anti-theft

Concerning your sentence:

still keeps rejecting the extended license

You need a BD admin, they will probably be back on Monday.

Have a nice week-end,

L.

• Karenmane
    edited January 2022
    Options

it has good critics.

... of course, you're right, if we install Cerberus, its admin will know everything of our computer... Google does it too very well, microsof*t as well and the N.*S.*A's computers read everything.

Brave New World is already taken over...

Sorry for not going further concerning BD. I do not have this gimmick (anti-theft) and, truly, I do not appreciate too much the "swiss knife" aspect of this excellent software.

I totally agree with what you stated. It is concerning BD. I personally do not appreciate the swiss knife factor built into the software. I would recommend them to remove the perkin swiss knife review section permanently.