Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Causing Massive Dpc Latency

Options

Hello,

Since installing BitDefender AntiVirus 2015, I've had massive issues with DPC latency, that present as audio stuttering and popping, especially when multi-tasking.

The issue is 100x worse with autopilot enabled, however still intermittently present even with it disabled.

I know it's caused by Bitdefender for two reasons:

1) I've never had this issue before using Bitdefender 2015 (today).

2) If I remove Bitdefender 2015 and go back to Kaspersky, or Avast, or MSE, the issue goes away.

I can alleviate the problem by adding programs to the whitelist - but that would require me to add all web browsers to the whitelist, as well as media players and games - I might as well not have it installed!

Any advice? Not impressed that I just shelled out for a year's license at the moment. I can't use the product in this state for much longer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hello Wakers,

Run a repair on your Bitdefender in case something was corrupted during the download. Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender -double click it and choose repair. Allow it to complete and reboot.

Let us know if it is any better.

Ro.

• Wakers
    Options
    Hello Wakers,

Run a repair on your Bitdefender in case something was corrupted during the download. Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender -double click it and choose repair. Allow it to complete and reboot.

Let us know if it is any better.

Ro.

Thought this had helped, but issue has come back after about 15 minutes.

Any other tips?

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thought this had helped, but issue has come back after about 15 minutes.

Any other tips?

Hi Wakers,

Please give information on your system, it could help!

Did you check your system? - maybe a problem of drivers?

fix dpc latency

Did you fully deinstall other antimalware software?

We need:

one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

Edit: maybe a lack of compatibility between BD and your programs? Which programs do you talk about?

Regards,

L.

• Wakers
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Wakers,

Please give information on your system, it could help!

Did you check your system? - maybe a problem of drivers?

fix dpc latency

Did you fully deinstall other antimalware software?

Regards,

L.

I have fully uninstalled other AV software.

Running LatencyMon, vsserv.exe reports 56 hard pagefaults in under a minute. It's definitely the cause of high dpc latency. These issues aren't present with other AV programs installed.

System:

2600K @ 4.4GHz

8GB 1600MHz RAM

Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB (C drive, Windows and Bitdefender installed here)

M500 SSD 256GB

Strix 970 (OC)

750W Gold PSU

Windows 8.1, fully updated.

Z77 Extreme 4M, latest BIOS.

Xonar U7 External Sound Card, latest drivers.

None of the fixes for DPC Latency issues work while BitDefender is installed. Again, no issues with DPC latency when it isn't on my system.

EDIT:

Issue is most present in Guild Wars 2, Firefox when watching video, Chrome when watching video, VLC media player, MPC Classic - basically anything that needs audio.

No firewall aside from Windows Firewall, only one AV product running at once.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Apart from completely removing other security software using their uninstall programs, to get this sorted you should contact Bitdefender.

post-175392-1436565378_thumb.jpg

• Wakers
    Options
    Apart from completely removing other security software using their uninstall programs, to get this sorted you should contact Bitdefender.

Just done that, provided a brief description and linked to this thread.

Thanks for your help and quick responses.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help and quick responses.

OK, hope you get a quick reply from Bitdefender and it is sorted fairly quickly. The problems you describe are not common with Bitdefender.

Ro.

• rkk
    Options

Hello, I have exactly the same problem.

This started to happen one or two weeks ago.

Turning off the Bitdefender Firewall seems to fix the DPC Latency and no stuttering for me.

This is a stupid workaround, as I don't see the point to be payning for Bitdefender if it doesn't want to work properly.

BTW: I opened several issues cases from inside the Bitdefender app, but never got any response from the Support Team. Ever. I'm starting to regret to have purchased Bitdefender. Was defenitely working much better before..

• Hello, I have exactly the same problem.

This started to happen one or two weeks ago.

Turning off the Bitdefender Firewall seems to fix the DPC Latency and no stuttering for me.

This is a stupid workaround, as I don't see the point to be payning for Bitdefender if it doesn't want to work properly.

BTW: I opened several issues cases from inside the Bitdefender app, but never got any response from the Support Team. Ever. I'm starting to regret to have purchased Bitdefender. Was defenitely working much better before..

Same issue here. Started happening to me and a friend alike about a week ago, both with similar software configs but vastly different hardware.

Been experimenting trying to find the cause for a while, but haven't found it so far. Disabling and re-enabling the firewall seems to help for a while - until it re-occurs. Monitored DPC latency with it on and the issues present, and it's quite a drop the minute I turn BitDefender Firewall off.

Here's me watching YouTube with it on:

http://i.imgur.com/XzjaRj9.png

Here's me watching YouTube with it off:

http://i.imgur.com/PAjzqOq.png

I'll submit a support ticket as well. Might not be everyone that's affected, but it needs to be fixed. Currently renders me unable to use their firewall feature.

• On 7/10/2015 at 11:22 PM, Wakers said:

Since installing BitDefender AntiVirus 2015, I've had massive issues with DPC latency, that present as audio stuttering and popping, especially when multi-tasking.

It took me quite some time to figure out what is causing my sound to have pop and crack while watching YT videos and also in game stutters.

I thought that my problems with sound is my amplifier. I thought that my amplifier have fried capacitor or something. I opened it and checked capacitors and used compressed air to clean it in case some dust is causing this. No fix. I then tested it on other audio source and no issues. That was a relief because amps are expensive. Then I thought that my motherboard is at fault and maybe it have swollen or popped capacitor. It is on warranty so I was thinking about sending it back but I checked it visually and all capacitors are ok.

I investigated more and read about pop and crack... Took some time to find useful info online. Then I found out about DPC latency. I used recommended programs like DPC Latency Checker and later LatencyMon and BINGO finally I found what was causing that mess on my PC. What a relief, I don't need to buy new things! But I also still cannot enjoy my PC :(

I tried to get every new driver for my PC even updated BIOS. No fix!! I then went into more details and this was the moment where I used for the first time LatencyMon which have more details. It show that vsserv.exe is causing one of the most hard pagefaults. Also some tabs from chrome. Maybe they conflict with each other? I have no idea but in chrome I have most pop and crack sound when I am listening to music from YT on chrome. But as it is easy to not use other web browser then it is harder not to use Bitdefender that I bought to protect my PC :/

But I also test firefox now and weirdly LatencyMon also shows that Firefox is also making hard pagefaults. I have no idea now what is going on! On top of that LatencyMon just started to show other Bitdefender files causing hard pagefaults... Earlier in about 3 day observation I did not see those files. Only  vsserv.exe. Now it also shows seccenter.exe bdwtxag.exe and dmiface.exe causing hard pagefaults. That is weird... Is it because I now test Firefox?! Or maybe I just dont understand how this program works.

Those DPC problems also not allow me to play games because of stutter in some games even if I use game mode in Bitdefender total security 2018.

Why bitdefender is causing this problems to PC users? This really makes me not want to buy this program in the future. I lost some nerve on this exact problem but still no fix. As for now I could not find option to disable stuff in it that people recommend to disable for fix. I will try further but wanted also to report it here on forums so maybe someone would make fix to this product.

• Not long ago I tried to play without game mode. No words.... For the first time I had such horror experience while playing Killing Floor 2

Game after about 15-20 minutes went insane! HUGE FPS drops with terryfying sound glitch and stutter. In LatencyMon I saw RECORD spikes. Same for DPC Latency Checker. Never happened before. 

I think I found 100% cause of my issues with my PC. It is Bitdefender. Worst antivirus/firewall I EVER HAD! And this is the first time I bought antivir/firewall software! And I see this is the LAST time! If it would be some free software as I used in past years I would just uninstall and go for another one till I would found working one that is not causing any problems. Here I cannot just dump something that I paid for! Also I cannot refund this utterly bad software! (If there is any way let me know)

Money dropped in the mud! Such a waste. I learned my lesson. Never again buy AV/firewall software! Thanx to Bitdefender.