Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Email App On Win10

Options

Hi friends! I migrate my system to Windows 10 doing a clean install. After this I installed bitdefender TS 2015 and insert my key. Now I noticed that Windows 10 email app is not working for gmail and yahoo when BitDefender firewall is on. How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Are you talking about the built in Email App? If so I don't know about Yahoo but my Gmail is working fine.

Check your adapter settings under GUI>Protection>Firewall>Adapters tab, I have mine set to Type - Trusted : Stealth - Off : Generic - On.

Ro.

• Hiya,

Are you talking about the built in Email App? If so I don't know about Yahoo but my Gmail is working fine.

Check your adapter settings under GUI>Protection>Firewall>Adapters tab, I have mine set to Type - Trusted : Stealth - Off : Generic - On.

Ro.

Thank you!!! Now is working! :) I was thinking is some problem with firewall rules! I don`t know much about adapter :(

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you!!! Now is working! :)

Glad to hear it is up and running OK. :)

Do you really like that App? I normally use Web mail for my Gmail and Outlook, I was never a fan of Win 8/8.1 style Apps and why I upgraded to W 10.

Ro.

• Glad to hear it is up and running OK. :)

Do you really like that App? I normally use Web mail for my Gmail and Outlook, I was never a fan of Win 8/8.1 style Apps and why I upgraded to W 10.

Ro.

When I started use Windows 8 I don't like so much but now after using many times I like it! :rolleyes:

• Doesn't setting an Adapter to Trusted actually equal to disable the Firewall for that Adapter? Not surpsrised it works, but not sure this is want I actually want.

• Rohugh
    Options
    Doesn't setting an Adapter to Trusted actually equal to disable the Firewall for that Adapter?

Yes, it does. With the adapter set to Home/Office the app works with Outlook but not with Gmail, don't know about Yahoo as I don't use it. I guess we just have to wait for Bitdefender to come up with the solution.

Ro.

• Fafner
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oddly enough, USB tethering from an iPhone 6 Plus doesn't show this issue with Adapter set to "Home/Office". Mail is retrieved normally.

But Ethernet connection only works if set to "Trusted" or if Firewall is turned off. When set to "Home/Office", mail can't be retrieved.

• Oddly enough, USB tethering from an iPhone 6 Plus doesn't show this issue with Adapter set to "Home/Office". Mail is retrieved normally.

But Ethernet connection only works if set to "Trusted" or if Firewall is turned off. When set to "Home/Office", mail can't be retrieved.

What I mean is that Windows considers an USB tethering as an Ethernet connection, thus I wonder why this one works and a proper Ethernet connection with my router doesn't.

• Johnny1572
    Options
    Yes, it does. With the adapter set to Home/Office the app works with Outlook but not with Gmail, don't know about Yahoo as I don't use it. I guess we just have to wait for Bitdefender to come up with the solution.

Ro.

I had this problem as well and followed your advice, does this mean I am not protected by the firewall setting my adapter to the settings above?

John

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

The problem with the Windows 10 Mail App has now been sorted, follow the instructions in this post from Georgia - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=234545

Ro.

• Johnny1572
    Options
    Hiya,

The problem with the Windows 10 Mail App has now been sorted, follow the instructions in this post from Georgia - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=234545

Ro.

I followed Georgia's instructions, it all seems to be working now great thanks, one more small question though, after setting to home/office should I set stealth mode back on and generic to off again?

thanks for your help.

John

• Rohugh
    Options

Hi,

Stealth - Off, Generic - On.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=233714

Ro.

• Johnny1572
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply and help :)

John