Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does Bitdefender 2015 Fully Support Windows 10?

Options
joengo
edited August 2015 in General

I just got a promote key for BD IS 2015 from my workplace. Then I went to website and download offline installation for BD IS 2015 (build 19 something) and installed it on my clean Windows 10 PC (latest update), on homepage it said compatible with Windows 10. Yet, I have encountered very inconvenient problem after installed it.

Installation went smooth and quick, with no warning about other security protection on system already running (I'm running Comodo IS), autoupdate finished. Then I decided to check my Task Manager for System Performance, now strange thing happened, I just couldn't open it, by right-click Start button or neither Ctrl-Alt-Del, nothing show up or any message. I tried to restart my pc to fix it because I think some updates from BD need to restart.

Now the real pain came, after Windows 10 logo and log in screen, my computer couldn't get into normal Desktop, it's just a black screen with white cursor. I waited for like 10 minutes with a smoking break, and a black screen's still there. I did few hard reset, but couldn't solve the problem. I had to struggling new Windows 10 SAFEMODE method which require a Recovery Disk to access my pc and uninstall BD 2015.

All things back to normal... little disapointed with BitDefender and my promote key goes waste?

What could I have done to fix these?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello joengo,

You should uninstall all other security solutions before downloading Bitdefender and use the uninstall program supplied by the other AV. Running two AV programs can cause conflicts.

Ro.