Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Sms When Sim Is Changed

Options

Hi,

while I can see the benefit of the feature, that whenever Bitdefender detects the SIM card in your phone has been changed, it automatically sends a text message containing the new phone number to the number you have stored, it would be really nice if could disable just this feature. Why is this not possible?

I travel quite a bit and have various sim cards. I had to uninstall bitdefender on my mobile because: (1) It was annoying for my partner to get the text everytime I changed sim. (2) It was quite costly, because it always sends a text.

I would like to keep all other features of bitdefender on my phone, but just disable this functionality. Is that possible?

Thanks,

H

Comments

• Hi,

I recently changed phones and also a new SIM card

It is now repeatedly sending SMS notifications about the sim card change and I can not turn this off

How do I reset it?

Thank you,

Darin

• I have a Nexus 6 with a multi-carrier SIM. Whenever my phone switches carriers it sends a text. Not being able to disable this feature makes this app a nuisance.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

That feature comes disabled by default.

You can clear the cache and data from the application to reset the application to its default.

Please note that you will have to setup everything Bitdefender wise, again.

This discussion has been closed.